JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
rev,

...and that's the reason for my chuckle...though, the creativity of made up words is fun.

They leave me de-car-cerealed with heaves of mighty gustologous humor.

Welp. Neighbors across the street just got into a fistfight and I got to see how I reacted first hand. Before I knew it I was right on top of the situation and the fight broken up. Good on the woman for putting her man in a rear naked choke though :D. Now there are cops questioning a bunch of people and I guess I'm waiting my turn?

Last Edited:
Welp. Neighbors across the street just got into a fistfight and I got to see how I reacted first hand. Before I knew it I was right on top of the situation and the fight broken up. Good on the woman for putting her man in a rear naked choke though :D. Now there are cops questioning a bunch of people and I guess I'm waiting my turn?

Sounds like you made the right decision based on your observationtions of the situation. How did it all pan out for everyone?

Sounds like you made the right decision based on your observationtions of the situation. How did it all pan out for everyone?
Cops didn't end up caring to talk to me and the man went away in a squad car after immediately admitting to assault.

Something way less dramatic but completely contradictory to my "not my problem" comments happened to me today.

I was standing next to my car in a Fred Meyer parking lot waiting for a load of groceries I ordered online to be delivered to my car. Now, when I pulled in I noticed this couple on a Harley getting off their bike and paid especial attention to the .... never mind. Anyway, I'm standing in the parking lot and this scruffy guy walks up to the bike -- totally not one of the riders -- squats down behind it from my vantage, but I can clearly see he's rummaging the saddlebags (the bike was in the parking aisle across from mine -- maye 50' at most). Without even thinking I yelled "Hey man, that's not your bike!" and took a couple steps toward him. He just mumbled sorry and scurried off, but I had no control over his reaction. For reference, I am not a burly scary looking dude. Anyway, all's well that end's well, but I broke the rule I set for myself without even thinking about it.

Something way less dramatic but completely contradictory to my "not my problem" comments happened to me today.

I was standing next to my car in a Fred Meyer parking lot waiting for a load of groceries I ordered online to be delivered to my car. Now, when I pulled in I noticed this couple on a Harley getting off their bike and paid especial attention to the .... never mind. Anyway, I'm standing in the parking lot and this scruffy guy walks up to the bike -- totally not one of the riders -- squats down behind it from my vantage, but I can clearly see he's rummaging the saddlebags (the bike was in the parking aisle across from mine -- maye 50' at most). Without even thinking I yelled "Hey man, that's not your bike!" and took a couple steps toward him. He just mumbled sorry and scurried off, but I had no control over his reaction. For reference, I am not a burly scary looking dude. Anyway, all's well that end's well, but I broke the rule I set for myself without even thinking about it.

Sad to see that not standing up for others is now considered an admirable trait when just a couple of decades ago, it was considered cowardly.

Sad to see that not standing up for others is now considered an admirable trait when just a couple of decades ago, it was considered cowardly.

The issue is practical -- if the dude had decided to charge me, it would have become an enormous mess. The only control I have in making sure we don't end up in a life changing altercation, is to not got involved at all, because once I insert myself, I have no control over what he does. I don't think that's a cowardly position -- if as a society we want people to stick up for others, we would not make such action potentially life ending (including literal death to destitution via legal process to destitution via social media mobs).

3) The Dems will use increased suicides to blame "easy availability of guns" rather than depression brought on by the destruction of the economy.
They want the productive to self-eliminate.
Unfortunately the biased media (non political these days) rely on the fear factor. Keeping people scared and indoors pays. Maybe Amazon is driving this. I've ordered more recently than I ever did before.

I wonder who these people are killing themselves. I can take an educated guess who they are not. People still working, able to provide and advance. Reach back and help others. As opposed to those who have lost everything through no fault of their own. Deemed not essential. Hoping for Gubment cheese. Remember, stay inside saves lives.

That's obvious. To add to the rioting population and to encourage looting.

Have Gun, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Sorry for the plagiarizing. I sent out this email based on your observations.

As you may have heard, domestic violence is up as much as 70% as a result of the Corona Virus lockdown. This raises two questions in my mind.
  1. What should be your response if you witness a domestic violence situation in progress?
  2. What does Washington State Law say about justifiable homicide in a domestic violence scenario?
The answer to the first question is pretty straight forward, sort of: Mind Your Own Business and dial 911. However, if you witness an aggressor with a deadly weapon, or is in the process of inflicting serious injury, I believe most people would want to step in and stop the attack and prevent a possible murder. However, if you rush in and try to diffuse the situation or try to stop the attack, and then you end up in a physical altercation, it could go South very quickly. Not to mention the person who was the victim, then becomes the aggressor when they see you threatening their domestic partner. It can become an ugly situation to thrust yourself into, armed or not. Police will tell you that the most dangerous 911 calls they encounter are Domestic Violence responses. Washington State has a Good Samaritan Law, but you must weigh your decision with extreme care.

The answer to the second question is a bit more straightforward. Washington State Law regarding Justifiable Homicide

RCW 9A.16.050 Homicide—By other person—When justifiable.
Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:
(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.

The Bottom line is, be very careful. Know your rights, know your responsibilities, and act with extreme caution. If I was witnessing a person being shot or beaten to death and I didn't intervene in a lawful manner (I was legally carrying my weapon), I would feel horrible. I would feel as though I let one of my fellow citizens down, I had a civic duty and responsibility and I ignored it.

Conversely, if I did intervene and the situation required me to use deadly force, an entirely new set of conflicting emotions and events would occur. Keep in mind that in today's current political environment, even if you abide by every aspect of the law, the police will assume you are at fault. If you lawfully intervene and discharge your weapon, you will be arrested, handcuffed, and taken to jail. Your weapon will be confiscated and the process for retrieving it is a bureaucratic nightmare, which will take months to resolve.
There are lawyers and organizations that specialize in defending you in these situations but it is expensive. And, don't expect your fellow citizens to rally to your defense. In Seattle, YOU will be the monster. The media and the politicians will portray you as some extreme gun-nut, a vigilante taking the law into your own hands. YOU will be the criminal, not the person committing the domestic violence. It's a Catch 22. You are expected to act as a Good Samaritan but if you exercise your Constitutional right, you will be vilified. Somehow, the law as it is written, which should protect you will work against you.

After reading your initial post and sending out my email to a number of friends & family I got this immediate response from a close friend: "I have been in that very situation personally.

One morning I was waiting at the bus stop. It was very early and dark. There was a young couple waiting as well. They looked a little "rough" and the male had a small bike with him.

They started arguing and screaming at each other. I just ignored them and minded my own business. After a little yelling the male started beating on the female. Punching her in the head and she was screaming and crying.

So at this point I made the decision to intervene.

The guy was a scrawny little punk so I was able to grab him by the shirt and push him away. He immediately got on his bike and started to ride away.

The young girl turned to me and said "bubblegum you" and started running after him saying "wait for me – don't leave me".

I was left shaking my head…"

After reading your initial post and sending out my email to a number of friends & family I got this immediate response from a close friend: "I have been in that very situation personally.

One morning I was waiting at the bus stop. It was very early and dark. There was a young couple waiting as well. They looked a little "rough" and the male had a small bike with him.

They started arguing and screaming at each other. I just ignored them and minded my own business. After a little yelling the male started beating on the female. Punching her in the head and she was screaming and crying.

So at this point I made the decision to intervene.

The guy was a scrawny little punk so I was able to grab him by the shirt and push him away. He immediately got on his bike and started to ride away.

The young girl turned to me and said "bubblegum you" and started running after him saying "wait for me – don't leave me".

I was left shaking my head…"

I'm sure she grew up that way. It was her normal. Thats why I dont give a damn about other peoples domestic affairs. They know what they are in and most don't want out of it.

Just treat her right and life is fine. My wife is drama free, we don't have blowups or temper tantrums. I think far too many people don't put enough effort into their relationship and just expect it to work.

Just treat her right and life is fine. My wife is drama free, we don't have blowups or temper tantrums. I think far too many people don't put enough effort into their relationship and just expect it to work.
People bring themselves into a relationship. Drama kings and queens are real things. If the drama isnt there they will make it happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top