Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DOJ announces new gun reporting rules in SW states

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I'm sure it's just me, but I don't read anything that suggests the "examiner.com" is some sort of news source. If you have a reputable journal -- left or right -- post again. Examiner.com is just a nutty blog.

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

successful.jpg

4. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

So they'll be better able to detect and disrupt their own operations? This is supposed to make sense?

5. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

They want to know who their competition is. Wonder what the death toll is now, it was 150+ killed by the guns the government sent to the cartels?

jj

6. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

7. Just Jim

Funny how the lefties still try to use Cloward Piven even when we are on to them.

jj

8. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Your Education is lacking!!!!

9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

FYI, two points:

David Codrea is the national gun rights examiner and he broke the story about this monumental foul-up called Fast and Furious that gave the Obama admin an excuse to come up with this regulation. I'm the Seattle GRE and have broken some major news that does get quoted and used as a resource by other news agencies. I'm, also a bona fide member of the working press, so that makes what I do "reputable" and I'm a journalist.

Trolling is best done with a spinner or sinking fly, sometimes tipped with a chunk of worm. Sometimes gang flashers work well ahead of a nightcrawler. Doesn't work worth a darn on the Internet forums.

10. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Ok its amazing you can slam an indivudual who is watching out for us gun owners, but cant even hit Google

MAIN JUSTICE

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Associated Press VIA FORBES.COM

Los Angeles Times

CNN

New York Times

But your right, Daves reporting to us is just someones BS, Rumor starting, story telling...

Go Dave....

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

And just so you're clear, CEF... he's not talking about your zipper, what's behind it, or any of the flashing zombies you hang out with either! :bluelaugh: :thumbup:

12. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Ad hominem attack, no attempt to challenge any info, just attack the messenger. Lame CEF, very lame, lazy too.

What is really lame is that the messenger is right here to debate any point you might challenge but all you can do is the grade school playground attack.

I picture you with a bunch of yes men around you telling you how great you are to the point where you have atrophied from the fight and gone strictly to basking in your own greatness. There, now that's a proper Ad hominem attack for ya CEF..

:bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

13. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is just you, probably because you are a worthless sack o' crap.
    ......and a troll.

14. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

As posted on gunbroker...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the ATF announced, apparently trying to use more paper to wash the blood of US Agents and hundreds of Mexicans from their stained and soiled hands, that ONLY in the Border States (AZ, NM, CA, TX) FFLs would now have to fill out MDFs (Multiple Disposition Forms) for "semi automatic rifles over .22 caliber".

There's only one problem with this, and as per Fn usual, Chocolate Jesus doesn't really seem to care...

IT'S A VIOLATION OF THE LAW FOR HOW THE MDFs ARE TO BE USED.

You folks who love the eNemaRA so much, you better prove me wrong and have these dbags filing lawsuit on this crap.

The Law, as written, says thusly:

They are prohibited by Law from requiring separate reporting forms for
    anything but HANDGUNS by virtue of 18 USC §926(a)

18 USC §926(a) allow promulgation of necessary rules and regulations,
    adding:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed,or controlled by the United States or any State or an political subdivision thereof..."

Moreover, 18 USC §923(g)(3), which required multiple sales
    reporting, specifically limits it to handguns(emphasis added): reporting is required when a dealer "at one time or during any five consecutive business days, two or more pistols, or revolvers, or any combination of pistols and revolvers totalling two or more, to an unlicensed person."

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Wow......That's pretty lame, even for you.

16. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Geez, guys, I hate to break this to you but ALL gun purchases from firearm dealers in those states are already reported -- as they are in every state. And you can still walk into a dealer in any of the affected states and buy multiple long guns of the affected calibers. The dealer reports the purchase -- but you already got reported when you filled out the background check form.

Geez you girls pee your pants so readily....

Let's keep our powder dry boys; the women folk are getting hysterical.

17. Just Jim

:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh::thumbup:

18. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

I don't know what happens down there in Orygun, but up here, when we buy a long gun, that's all the information that is given to the ATF....they don't describe firearm or anything else. For handguns, the ATF just gets told "Hand gun." Now, the STATE does get a report of sale for handguns, but that stays at the STATE level.

But hey, if you want to give the Federal government all that information, go ahead. Feel free. As for me and my house, we shall try to ensure that the Federal government follows the law....not the fiat of some one trying to become a tyrant.

19. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

That whole head in the sand thing is killing us all. To those that say they wont or don't, I have news for you, they do and will.
    Once you've made the decision to give up just that little bit, go ahead and give up the rest. Those of us who don't or wont will still be here to pick up your slack, but dam@ your getting heavy.
    I can here it now my friends, I was right there with you the whole way, I swear.:bsflag: