JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How is the Rifle "In your Name" I wasn't aware that Washington State had a requirement to register any type of firearm..

The rifle would be "in his name" if he bought it from a FFL and did paper work.
Yes somebody has a record somewhere.

But to sell in this state you don't "register" a private sale
If you want to,you can do a transfer through a FFL,I believe.
Never done it myself,just traded guns or green backs.

Here's a link to a <broken link removed> that I'm going to use in the future.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Here's a link to a <broken link removed> that I'm going to use in the future.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

I have basically the same one saved on my computer, only the fields are setup as a form that you can type the information into. The upside of using one (as a seller) is that if you were the original purchaser and the weapon ever shows up in a criminal trace, you have some sort of proof that it is not yours anymore and who it went to when you got rid of it.

I have basically the same one saved on my computer, only the fields are setup as a form that you can type the information into. The upside of using one (as a seller) is that if you were the original purchaser and the weapon ever shows up in a criminal trace, you have some sort of proof that it is not yours anymore and who it went to when you got rid of it.

EXACTLY why I wanted to do one. Thanks for the info!

And they are slightly registered to you. In that sense I mean if a cop calls up the serial number for the gun it will trace back to the person who purchased it and did the paper work.

You are quite right about that, I get calls for gun trace at least once a month & I bet most of the older ones are just pointless,as many folks trade up stuff constantly
Unfortunately there is no way for you to Un-Register the gun. Right now the Manufacturer knows which Distributor bought your gun. That Distributor will tell the Gov't who the retailer was & the retailer will tell them that You bought it originally--there is no way to legally have the guy who sold the gun to you, notify the Gov't that you no longer own that gun, that I know of. I live in Arizona, but I believe the same Federal Laws bind us all together.

I didn't plan on taking my computer with me when I sell a firearm so I didn't set it up that way purposely. Easier to take a piece of paper with me.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

I didn't plan on taking my computer with me when I sell a firearm so I didn't set it up that way purposely. Easier to take a piece of paper with me.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Yeah - I can print it blank too! Just easy to at least fill in the stuff I know up front it I have it (my info, make/model/SN). I'm a geek anyway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top