JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't heard of any in OR, yet.

Fast as they breed, I imagine that once we do have them, they will spread quickly.

Many states they are considered pests and not regulated. Texas, we had to have a general hunting license.

Davlandrum,
There are hogs in Oregon. After a brief google search I found this risk assessment document from the ODFW office in Corvallis.

"In Oregon, feral pig populations have been reported in nine counties (see Appendix A):
Coos and Curry Counties (Dement Creek/Sixes River area, Pistol River, and Thomas
Creek), Josephine County (Rough and Ready Creek), Jackson County (Sampson, Slide,
and Conde Creeks), Klamath County (Swan Lake Ridge, Klamath River), Wasco and
Jefferson Counties (Ashwood area), Crook County (Ochoco National Forest), and
Wheeler County (Spray/Service Creek/Waterman Triangle area). Two additional
populations existed along the coast of Coos County (North Spit) and in Crook County
(east of Post on highway 380), but have been eradicated. The existing populations have
resulted from a combination of unauthorized releases for hunting and ranch escapes and
consist of feral domestic pigs, although the Crook County population reportedly consists
of feral pig-wild boar hybrids (Ferry 2004, pers comm). Reports indicate that currentpopulations are small, relatively isolated from each other, and seem to be limited by
hunting pressure, and government control efforts (Huffman 2004, pers comm), although
range expansion can be expected given that pigs are food and habitat generalists (Duncan
1974, Bratton 1975, Coblentz and Baber 1987, and others)."

I have a bachelor party coming up and I told the best man, "I've seen enough strippers in my life. Let's go hog hunting." I think he is looking at Northern California.

The kind lady at fish and game said she did'nt know of any population of hogs in wash but they were not regulated or controlled in any way by the state so if we can find them we can shoot them , she did advise checking with local farmers before whacking them. Said there could be a few on the coast.

I haven't heard of any in OR, yet.
Lots in Oregon actually - especially in the areas East of Prineville to the areas of Post and Paulina. There are a few in the area of Haystack and Gray Buttes just outside of Redmond also. I guy killed a 325 lb sow with tusks near Gray Butte a few years ago and sightings are regular. They are not seen as often as other animals as they are low to the ground and are very smart and wary. They do not need to roam far for food as they eat almost anything. I have been discussing this with some friends lately and we may look into this a little more seriously in the near future.

I lived in Cheney for three years and never saw hog. Let me know if you find something that indicates anything other though, I'd love to go. They were abundant in Georgia.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top