JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Missing words in thread titles, oh yes. The world is full of idiots and a-holes. The sooner one accepts this as a fact the smoother the road shall be from that point on. The good news is that there are a few gems among the gravel.

Well per the missing words you can tell I was half awake when making this and annoyed at my most recent offer. To clarify I do get mostly guns offered here but other sites I no longer use for the most part are a different story.
There are the few members here that will throw anything at you and see if it will stick. I will take cash, guns, and gold at melt value....Not what you paid for the ring before she said no. I guess I just found my way to filter my adds.
However I have tried it all before and I know I will always get the offers. I was just wondering if I was the only person it slightly bothered, or even amused.
To those that say people around here have different interests I am not in disagreement. However if I wanted a new fishing motor as I have traded guns for other things in the past I will go to a different forum. Not NorthwestFIREARMS.com.
To the people who say you cannot use craigslist you are not quite correct. You can look for what you want in the barter and hope they are looking for as craigslist ads say "something that goes boom".
You can post in the want to trade add here. When my add has a list of guns I want and says I am looking for a smaller gun to carry easier can one gather "I bet that guy is dying to start a mid 30s dads only garage rock band".
Sorry but no.

When I just said no...I totally dramatically dropped the mike on the ground and walked into the house to get a soda to make a point to my band. I am the lead singer here. OP says it is annoying...Mike has been dropped which means I made my point, walked away and am right....come to terms or you will be out of the band Classic Rock Revival....Why has nobody tried this before??!! We are going to be huge. Unless you touch my air compressor then you are totally out of the band.

What annoys me is when my ad clearly stated MAKE OFFER (not NWFA associated) the person asks: "What are u askin for ur wheels ?"
AND (also annoying) the using of letters (or combinations) as brevity codes for words!!

I would say you probably ought to list the only things you are interested in. Or if your not interested in trades, list "cash only." Probably wont stop them but when you repost "cash only" or "is your guitar a 10ft beach ball? I don't think so." then it gives you the higher ground.

If you just post FS/FT and that's it, it's kind of open ended. Just my opinion.

Eagle

You post a gun FS/FT and you get the normal lowball offers of cash or guns worth half the value of yours with half the accessories....Then someone always seems to offer you a guitar, laptop or car audio system.
If I wanted that I would post my guns on Craigslist. It is really bothersome when I go to the effort of posting what guns I would be interested in trading in....None of which are in any way indicating I want a used guitar I would suck at playing or a car stereo system so I can Bump down the road with my 2 young daughters in the mini van..I have another car but the idea of putting it in my mini van amuses me more.

WHY?! I do not want this stuff. Go put it in the want to trade section and maybe someone will find you. When I get an offer I get excited it might be a good price or trade and then the total letdown of it being one of these things. PLEASE GO TO CRAIGSLIST.

Most likely stolen articles no doubt, or achieved by some other nefarious means. So why trade your valuable objects for something that will lose more value over time.

Need some whiskey for Indian Trading? Turds get flushed in circular manner, always.

When I was on Glocktalk, I used to get people offering me goats, chickens, apples, jet skis, boats, etc. No joke.

Well you have bested me on ridiculous offers. Though I did trade a old Yamaha enduro that was fully street legal..after I put the lights back it on for a gun. That was the only time and I was looking for a 77-79 2 stroke for the gun since I had just finished one up and had all the extra electrical parts that the guy I sold it to did not want/know what to do with so I bought one for myself since I had such a good time riding the old 2 stroke while I waited a few days for a buyer after I got her running.

I get far less annoyed at odd ball trades than low ball offers.

What really annoys me is the Craigslist midnight call even after you quote specific times to call. Asking questions about what i have, already answered in the ad, or asking the price, If you don't know the price how did you make a decision to call, everyone has a maximum amount they would pay for any item.

Edit: the craigslist ads were non firearms ads

Firearm or no it is the same principle that I am talking about. The folks that just say "what is the lowest you would go" as someone else here said they have received when the price is clearly stated is completely obnoxious. Read the add...If you like what I am selling and the price or want to throw out a reasonable offer go ahead but do not ignore my price and try and get me to negotiate against myself.

Every bleeping time!

Good save.

Hey now I like my mini van. I just went 1k round trip in it and had so much less arguing from the kids than when we would take the sedan on long road trips. Besides that I can fold the seats down and put a futon mattress in the back for the wife and I to camp in when we know we are going to be getting to a campground late and do not want to be hammering in stakes and ticking off the neighbors. I know of no sedan that can give me what my van does...along with pulling my boat behind it no problem.

That said I will never put a big sound system in there and go around with my daughters bumping classic rock. That would just ruin Hendrix and CCR for me.

Besides that I can fold the seats down and put a futon mattress in the back for the wife and I to camp in when we know we are going to be getting to a campground late and do not want to be hammering in stakes and ticking off the neighbors.

Neighbors + Mini-Van Access = NOT CAMPING

Fake camper in addition to being a mini-van owner, you're losing street cred left and right!

Neighbors + Mini-Van Access = NOT CAMPING

Fake camper in addition to being a mini-van owner, you're losing street cred left and right!

haha That does make me laugh as I would have said the same before having 2 little girls and a wife. When I camp with my cousin we really camp. The closest I can get my wife to camping is a place with working toilets.
However I have met girls that just hate camping and being in the woods period so I will take a more populated spot if I have to just so I can be close to the river and fish.
Also... since I am driving I make my mini van look good. Nobody expects the guy in the mini van to be a tamed bad bubblegum.

before having 2 little girls

Oh man, if I can find that study from a few years back that showed how males with small weewee's tend to produce daughters your night is gonna go from bad to worse.

34t7ry8.jpg

Oh man, if I can find that study from a few years back that showed how males with small weewee's tend to produce daughters your night is gonna go from bad to worse.

34t7ry8.jpg

I have always found that any man that brings up manhood or questions someone else in regards tends to be questioning their own feelings about their manhood. Why so worried? I have never worried about the size of another guys junk but hey only you know how you really feel.

It is easy to say "No Thank You". What you are saying is these items are not what you want. What if someone said I have 35 old gold pieces from my granddaddy in the 1800's I don't need I would trade for it. I bet your mind would change. Keep an open mind. It is easy to say NO. A thank you anyway would be a "NICE GUN GUY" but you don't HAVE to unless you are a nice guy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top