JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You post a gun FS/FT and you get the normal lowball offers of cash or guns worth half the value of yours with half the accessories....Then someone always seems to offer you a guitar, laptop or car audio system.
If I wanted that I would post my guns on Craigslist. It is really bothersome when I go to the effort of posting what guns I would be interested in trading in....None of which are in any way indicating I want a used guitar I would suck at playing or a car stereo system so I can Bump down the road with my 2 young daughters in the mini van..I have another car but the idea of putting it in my mini van amuses me more.

WHY?! I do not want this stuff. Go put it in the want to trade section and maybe someone will find you. When I get an offer I get excited it might be a good price or trade and then the total letdown of it being one of these things. PLEASE GO TO CRAIGSLIST.

Missing words in thread titles, oh yes. The world is full of idiots and a-holes. The sooner one accepts this as a fact the smoother the road shall be from that point on. The good news is that there are a few gems among the gravel.

You would be surprised than many gun owners have other interests besides gun. The Phoenix Audio Forum has a dedicated section for guns for their members to post to. Not all gun owners have a one track mind, some of us ever get over into some of the auto forums. And noted gun author Dennis Adler has a bunch of books on cars. I have offered to trade some of my vintage stereo equipment when someone puts trade in their listing. It can't hurt is my theory but in your case it might.

This is why you should take the high ground and add the "only trade for X" qualifier to your post. No sense getting upset when you've not given enough in the way of limitations as to what you'll trade for. Buck passed, returned postage due.

Agreed. State that your trade interests are only firearm related. Then if you're offered a guitar, shame on them. And yes, I did see a certain member here offer a guitar to many of the sellers.

I was visiting my family out of town and mentioned to my brother I was selling a handgun, he took it to his friends to see if anybody was interested, of course half of them wanted it, but they wanted it for half what it's worth.

One guy offered me $300+ a bumper. A bubbleguming bumper. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A BUMPER?

He says "You can sell it for $500 easy", well then how about you sell it and then give me the $500?

Another one of my brother's friends offered me mushrooms. (No, not the hallucinogenic kind) Morels. I didn't even know what to say, I thought he was joking around but he was completely serious.

So yeah, I know how you feel man, some of the things people are hoping to trade for guns are ridiculous. When I said something like "I'm asking $475 for all of it", I expect a lowball offer I'll just say no to, but damn, a bumper! Sold! Hah.

I get far less annoyed at odd ball trades than low ball offers.

What really annoys me is the Craigslist midnight call even after you quote specific times to call. Asking questions about what i have, already answered in the ad, or asking the price, If you don't know the price how did you make a decision to call, everyone has a maximum amount they would pay for any item.

Edit: the craigslist ads were non firearms ads

Last Edited:
I haven't sold a ton of stuff on here, but I have done a few transactions. None of my postings ever got weird trade offers or offensively low ball offers. Maybe you just need to be more specific in your posts?

Orrrrrrrrrrr, you can just accept that there are morons out there everywhere. One of my engineering professors gave our class a life lesson one time. He said "You need to recognize that you are smarter than 99% of the people out there. The sooner you learn to accept that and not get mad about the stupid things other people do (because they don't know any better), the more happy a life you will live."

I actually find odd trade offers amusing. It gives me something new to read or contemplate. One thing I do not care for though is when you have multiple gun adds up, and the same guy offers you his 5 year old laptop for every gun you have listed. If I did not trade for a glock, why the hell would I want to trade it for a sig?

How much for the wha? grow a set perhaps

srmpctal.jpg

I actually find odd trade offers amusing. It gives me something new to read or contemplate. One thing I do not care for though is when you have multiple gun adds up, and the same guy offers you his 5 year old laptop for every gun you have listed. If I did not trade for a glock, why the hell would I want to trade it for a sig?

That is pretty much what pushes me into being annoyed. I have been offered the same sound system for a Mossberg 500, a Kahr, and an M&P 40 which are all very different values. "Well I said no to your subs on the shotgun but for the M&P I am totally down"!.......UHHH no.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top