JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For some of you that might have missed this article

PORTLAND, Ore. - The State of Oregon has hundreds of millions of dollars of unclaimed cash and finding out if you can claim any of it as easy as looking up your name in an online database.

"Right now, we're holding onto about $387 million," said Patrick Tate, who works in the Unclaimed Property Division.

About $5,000 belonged to Pauline Wall, who was very surprised to get a phone call from KATU News telling her the state had some of her money.

"I thought, well what kind of scam is this?" she said.

She was smart to be skeptical but this was the real deal. The money was from an escrow account when she sold her house six years ago.

Wall started working when she was 12 years old and just recently retired after decades of work. She became quite popular at her retirement home after the news spread and already has big plans for her new found cash.

"I'm going to call up my girlfriend and we're going to Honolulu," she said.

There are many people who are owed money and it is certainly worth taking a look to see if your name is on the list.

<broken link removed>

I did not have any assets, but my friends and relatives did!

Yep, they owe me money. The footnote says "This asset has a cash value under $50." That could mean ten cents.

Thanks anyway, but they can keep it. I'm going to go outside now and fire off about $50 worth of ammo. I need to practice. :D

my uncle did one of these but in WA and he was owed something like $56. He went to claim it and there was all these hoops they made him jump though and then it was never ending paperwork. He said it was not worth his time at all and would have rather never known about it haha!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top