JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having had to qualify on many a rifle range in the rain...or the opposite in brain broiling heat...
And always qualifying as Expert...I would say maybe.
I say maybe...'Cause as pointed out earlier...
Everything will affect bullet flight..
Just how much for any given purpose , may or may not be enough to worry or wonder about.

In any event...
I do know from experience that differences in temperature and humidity will affect black powder loadings.
Andy

In my own case, I would like to believe that my negative experiences with precision shooting in rain ("repeatable, observable") are more than "anecdotal".

I repeated them and observed the results (tried to prove them wrong: greedily going right back out there in the next downpour).

But I will still grant that I have no idea what is causing what I have repeatedly observed and tried to prove wrong.

It was easy at first to suspect collision with raindrops. I have no way of proving that wrong, and have no interest now in doing so. Toward @Andy54Hawken 's assessment, my "prohibition" toward shooting in the rain only extends to "precise work" on the bench: a place where anything out of routine shows up on the paper.

My observable and repeatable results have only been demonstrated in precise work. Unless you make a living as a benchrest shooter (I don't), I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top