JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
I'm wondering what limitations being a new member puts on the classified section as far as posting, responding, private messaging? Can I sell? Can I buy? Can I comment? More details would be great concerning that section of the forums.

A few more question, is being a paying member remove the probationary period? Or do paying members need to go through it? And if so how long does a paying member need to go through probation? How many messages? Days? Weeks? Months? Is there a litmus test for who's safe to let in? Or can I just pay that away?

I've seen brand new members very first post be a classified ad.
No clue if it was after this " probationary period " you refer too.
Maybe they were paying members, I haven't heard if that eliminates the probationary period. It be strange to be paying for a service and not be able to use it fully right away. Not really how pay membership services work. From my understanding paying gives you a bunch of perks, so I don't see how that could also attach probation. Waiting for confirmation from someone who knows for sure.

As a new member it would be very helpful to know if becoming a paying member on various levels of perks and site usage there is or isn't a probation attached. It says it's for the safety of the members, but can't be all that safe if you can just pay to have it removed, but it's also not good to offer a pay service but limit the customers usage.

Pretty straight forward:

What is the new account probation period?

To help protect our members from spammers, scammers, and trolls, all new accounts must go through a short probationary period. During this time content submissions (such as threads, posts, and classified ads) must be manually approved by our staff, some features are limited, and notices are displayed to let other members know that you are a new member.

During the probationary period a notice will be displayed at the top of the page. This notice will disappear once the probationary period is over and your account will no longer be limited.

Pretty straight forward:

What is the new account probation period?

To help protect our members from spammers, scammers, and trolls, all new accounts must go through a short probationary period. During this time content submissions (such as threads, posts, and classified ads) must be manually approved by our staff, some features are limited, and notices are displayed to let other members know that you are a new member.

During the probationary period a notice will be displayed at the top of the page. This notice will disappear once the probationary period is over and your account will no longer be limited.
It doesn't answer my other question which should be pretty easy to answer. If I pay for the services that NWFA is offering me through its various levels or paid membership will I still have to go through probationary period? The website pushes me to be a paid member which I am seriously considering, but I'd like to know if I can fully use the service I'm paying for right away or if I will still have to be in probation and if so how long for a paying member? This is a basic question anyone buying anything would ask. It should be clearer because I can't find any clarification for it.

It's just a period whereby posts will flag for mod attention so as to give us a chance to combat spam and scam before those heathens have a chance to dupe someone.

Post away! No purchase necessary on this site. Though, there are perks to being member, notably the ability to bump your ads more often.

It doesn't answer my other question which should be pretty easy to answer. If I pay for the services that NWFA is offering me through its various levels or paid membership will I still have to go through probationary period? The website pushes me to be a paid member which I am seriously considering, but I'd like to know if I can fully use the service I'm paying for right away or if I will still have to be in probation and if so how long for a paying member? This is a basic question anyone buying anything would ask. It should be clearer because I can't find any clarification for it.
At this point in time, being a paid member does not fast track one from the probationary period.

Post your ad, enjoy the forum, get to know some folks and you'll be out of probation in no time.

It's just a period whereby posts will flag for mod attention so as to give us a chance to combat spam and scam before those heathens have a chance to dupe someone.

Post away! No purchase necessary on this site. Though, there are perks to being member, notably the ability to bump your ads more often.

At this point in time, being a paid member does not fast track one from the probationary period.

Post your ad, enjoy the forum, get to know some folks and you'll be out of probation in no time.
Interesting selling strategy.

Buy our product, but you're not allowed to use it fully until we decide and we won't tell you how we decide… but give us hundreds of dollars.

Am I getting this correct before I put my credit card into the website.

Everyone seems real nice and it's a fine website, but no one in their right mind is gonna pay for a product and then have limits set on that product based on a fully unknown set of standards for when full already paid access is allowed. Are we adults or what? This is really crazy from a gun website…you seriously need to make this in big bold letters above the paid section. Because I'd be furious if I paid and was set into probation. It feels like false advertising, here's all these things you can buy! But not until we say so… what!?

Buy our product, but you're not allowed to use it fully until we decide and we won't tell you how we decide… but give us hundreds of dollars.

Bro, when covid hit we had TONS of Armslist type scammers. A vetting process is needed. Armslist is now pay to use because of the rampant scamming.
Putting in a little time is not a big ask. Plenty of sub par forums with zero vetting out there you can get taken advantage of on instead.

There are some places where you can buy reputation, but this ain't one of those places.

There are other forums out there that won't let you conduct business without being a paid member. This isn't one of those forums.

You can post an ad right now. You can contact other members about their ads. And in fact you can use every benefit of a membership. The only contingency on being in probation is that your posts need to be approved before they hit the town square.

I understand if you don't like being babysat. Which is why, if you make a good faith effort to engage on the site (as any non-scammer would) then you will literally be out of probation in no time.

I'm not seeing your gripe. If you'd rather wait until out of probation before sinking coin into the site, then by all means, wait. Hundreds of dollars, you say? Poppycock. Bronze monthly is, well, let's just say you've spent more gambling on the tastes of a new beer.

Bro, when covid hit we had TONS of Armslist type scammers. A vetting process is needed. Armslist is now pay to use because of the rampant scamming.
Putting in a little time is not a big ask. Plenty of sub par forums with zero vetting out there you can get taken advantage of on instead.
So I should pay for the pleasure to put in time…? Did you have to put in time as a bronze supporter in probation. I'm thinking the answer is no…

There are some places where you can buy reputation, but this ain't one of those places.

There are other forums out there that won't let you conduct business without being a paid member. This isn't one of those forums.

You can post an ad right now. You can contact other members about their ads. And in fact you can use every benefit of a membership. The only contingency on being in probation is that your posts need to be approved before they hit the town square.

I understand if you don't like being babysat. Which is why, if you make a good faith effort to engage on the site (as any non-scammer would) then you will literally be out of probation in no time.

I'm not seeing your gripe. If you'd rather wait until out of probation before sinking coin into the site, then by all means, wait. Hundreds of dollars, you say? Poppycock. Bronze monthly is, well, let's just say you've spent more gambling on the tastes of a new beer.
All due respect you're doing a horrible job selling the paid membership here. You're not that special of a website and clearly you have strong feelings about the this place, but you're selling a product none of what you say matters when you're a business and NWFA is a business which I'm sure @Joe Link realizes fully. Your asking me to part with my money to give to you, so you're whole indignation thing isn't working on anyone new here. Don't ask for paid membership and offer services. If you were an ethical business you'd make sure new paid members know they aren't getting their full product. You're living in a bubble if you think this will in anyway benefit paid membership.

If it looks like a troll, quacks like a troll, walks like a troll, posts like a troll, ...
Wow, what a special place you have here…

A troll for asking basic questions and having normal consumer expectations about a product. Way to make potential paying customers feel so welcome.

I'm so sorry I wanted to know what I'd get for my money…

So, not only do I get to pay to be in probation I get hurled abuses by other members and I'll pay for the pleasure!

Great business model…
You're the one showing up and chummin the waters. Looks like the "sharks" are coming.

I haven't paid anything into this site and have only had an issue with one individual here. People here are pretty good to go but if your going to come across aggressive you're gunna get your d!ck stepped on. Simple as that. They aren't selling anything. And you're not forced to buy.

Wow, what a special place you have here…

A troll for asking basic questions and having normal consumer expectations about a product. Way to make potential paying customers feel so welcome.

I'm so sorry I wanted to know what I'd get for my money…
It's simple, pay or don't pay, you go through a probationary period, don't be a bubblegum you get out of probation faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews