JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tried doing a search, didn't come up with any info on this. I'm from back east, and I recall being told (when I lived in CT) that citizens there could not have more than 10,000 rounds of ammo.

Does anyone know if Oregon has any laws limiting the amount of ammo an individual can own?

Thanks -

Not that I know of. I do believe there is a limit on the amount of gunpowder
you can have on hand--it's a State Fire Marshall thing.

If there is a limit on ammo, it had better be WAY more than 10,000! I've
got that covered in 22 LR.;)

I think some Condo associations have issues with storing gunpowder and other dangerous chemicals. Probably even ammo. So if you live in condo it would be best not to share the fact you reload and have enough ammo stored for a few years use.

Many owners of apartments also have special rules about storing gunpowder and ammo.

Local fire marshalls probably have rules that we would be shocked to read. They seem to have rules on about everything and most folks are not aware of a fraction of the rule book. How would you ever know?

They even have rules on the size of the speed bumps on private roads, I found out recently. Height and width of the bump.

If you have over 25# of powder I believe you need to have a powder cabinet. Bimart does have powder cabinets or at least Albany does in the back room.

This is why I tell my neighbors if my house catches fire dont go near it.
LOL, not laughing about if you house ever started on fire, but the sight of thousands of rounds going off and the firemen looking at you and ask how long this will go on, and you just shrug your shoulders and say, might be awhile.

I lived in CT and moved to Oregon. Different and better world out here, no?
You might call your insurance agent and find out what they cover. I found out a lot of info on coverage for guns and such would be covered in the case of loss, fire, stolen, etc.

First off the limit by weight is for BLACK POWDER not smokeless needing a proper storage cabinet.

Aslo in the event of house fires ammo outside of a chamber is of very little danger to firefighters. The case blows out and little pieces of brass with very little mass blow out and the bullet stays put.

As to checking with your HOA if you live in one of those kinda places I would not. None of their business and it is against their rules not laws so there is nothing you will get in legal trouble for. If they find out they can take you to court and get orders to make you comply with agreement then there could be legal trouble.

Some pot grower in my neighborhood had a problem recently and the LEO's showed up and tossed his house. The MSM reported that he had an "arsenal" in his home: one pistol and one shotgun. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top