JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At this point I think 60% of the threads on this forum were started by Fire Marshall Bill here.
Haha maybe that's why so many are starting to lose their patience. I for one don't need to take advice on FFL transfers from someone who isn't an FFL.

For the "Legal" section, I find law-related responses more interesting. Plenty of places to talk compliance. These discussions can also find contradiction in laws, helping overturn them.

[pruning my law citation since it doesn't really answer the OP]

Control usually means you can produce it upon request. So I think the range partner scenario would qualify.

Rule 34(a)'s concept of "possession, custody, or control" has been applied to paper documents and other tangible items for years. The principles that have evolved are straightforward. First, because the phrase "possession, custody, or control" is written in the disjunctive, "only one of the enumerated requirements must be met." Cumis Ins. Society, Inc. v. South-Coast Bank, 610 F. Supp. 193, 196 (N.D. Ind. 1985).

Therefore, "actual possession [...] is not required" to satisfy this language. Soto v. City of Concord, 162 F.R.D. 603, 619 (N.D. Cal. 1995).

Indeed, since "control" is generally a broader and more nebulous concept than either "possession" or "custody," [...] "Control" in this context means "the legal right, authority, or ability to obtain upon demand..." American Rock Salt Co. v. Norfolk Southern Corp., 228 F.R.D. 426, 460 (W.D.N.Y. 2005).

You can also consider the "constructive possession" definitions which arise with drug laws. Notably, control/possession can be shared by several people.

Possession means having a substance in one's custody or control. [It may be either actual or constructive. Actual possession occurs when the item is in the actual physical custody of the person charged with possession. Constructive possession occurs when there is no actual physical possession but there is dominion and control over the substance.]

[Proximity alone without proof of dominion and control is insufficient to establish constructive possession. Dominion and control need not be exclusive to support a finding of constructive possession.]

[In deciding whether the defendant had dominion and control over a substance, you are to consider all the relevant circumstances in the case. Factors that you may consider, among others, include [whether the defendant had the [immediate] ability to take actual possession of the substance,] [whether the defendant had the capacity to exclude others from possession of the substance,] [and] [whether the defendant had dominion and control over the premises where the substance was located]. No single one of these factors necessarily controls your decision.]

Last Edited:
This is like saying no one but me can shoot my NFA items at the range….. even though I'm standing right next to them. Just plain stupid.

So when you go to the range are you gunna have your mags (every single one of them) retained on your person? No. Your going to leave that Sh!t in a truck, on a bench, or in a bag. So are you under "control" of them at that point?

Just as much control as you would be with your buddy shooting them in his gun.

These questions are f-cked and a waist of time. Yet here I am responding.

Asking for legal advice on the internet always ends well. Especially regarding laws that aren't even in place or finalized yet. :rolleyes:

Asking for legal advice on the internet always ends well. Especially regarding laws that aren't even in place or finalized yet. :rolleyes:
Let's just speculate and run around in circles. We have to plan our immediate compliance!

"What's the law say?"

"I don't know! Let's make some sh!t up and go as far left as we possibly can….."

WTF…..

Why would anyone want to be a sheep? No resistance at all! Ready to just follow and abide and jump and ask how high then jump higher.

It's no wonder we lose.

How many more BM 114 threads do we need? Like How many "What If" threads, or I'm gonna move outta this state if this Sh1T don't change real soon threads!

All these threads Really SUCK and make this sight such a drag, I know, lets biztch about what the Ol Lady don't do at home while were out winin the bread and bringin home the bacon, that should be SUPER FUN! NOT :confused: :confused: :confused:

How many more BM 114 threads do we need? Like How many "What If" threads, or I'm gonna move outta this state if this Sh1T don't change real soon threads!

All these threads Really SUCK and make this sight such a drag, I know, lets biztch about what the Ol Lady don't do at home while were out winin the bread and bringin home the bacon, that should be SUPER FUN! NOT :confused: :confused: :confused:
There'll be at least 1 more new thread before the night is over. And another in the morning.

Apparently 183 and counting.

Screaming Pumped Up GIF by NETFLIX

I dont see any harm in discussing new laws forced upon us. I mean... if I was not going to comply, id at least want to know what and when I was not complying... ;)

Anyone posting on the internet is participating in social media... ;)

I dont see any harm in discussing new laws forced upon us. I mean... if I was not going to comply, id at least want to know what and when I was not complying... ;)

Anyone posting on the internet is participating in social media... ;)
We already have elevendythree threads on this topic, pick one and sit down Brudda, there's more then enough, too much to keep track of as it is!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top