JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does "control" in this language mean that a shooting partner could legally use your 11+ mags in an otherwise legal setting while you were present?

"a) The large-capacity magazine was owned by the person before the effective date of this 2022 Act and maintained in the
person's control or possession;"

Just something to consider.
I know you like to ask questions and all.
However....
One can easily "What if " oneself to death with Measure 114 and just how it was written.

Also...
While it can be beneficial at times to follow a law....
What if .... :D
What if one were out shooting with friends...and one let a buddy borrow a magazine....
What are the chances of getting caught...and maybe more important to this question...
Who cares..?

Like anything that needs a choice...
Weigh the risk versus the reward.
Andy

Just something to consider.
I know you like to ask questions and all.
However....
One can easily "What if " oneself to death with Measure 114 and just how it was written.

Also...
What if one were out shooting with friends...and one let a buddy borrow a magazine....
What are the chances of getting caught...and maybe more important to this question...
Who cares..?

Andy
Just dotting i's and crossing t's. I looked through the plethora of M114 threads and didn't see one related to the issue of letting others use grandfathered mags.

Just dotting i's and crossing t's. I looked through the plethora of M114 threads and didn't see one related to the issue of letting others use grandfathered mags.
I understand that...
Still doesn't change this...
Who cares..?

Andy

My thoughts....

Everyone is racing to comply with 114.
That is acceptance.
That is how we got put into this position.
As Andy pointed out, nobody sees it, nobody cares if a buddy borrows a magazine.

We as a community have been all to eager to follow laws while the other side does as they wish to us because we don't want to be seen as criminals. The dumping of tea in the harbor made those folks criminals. They had a bigger set of balls than 98.73% of the members of this forum that are falling in line.

Rattle those chains of compliance...

Last Edited:
Absolutely. Another BS thread with another BS question.
Exactly. How many new gun owners/members do we think have joined this forum just in the past few months? All these threads of "what ifs" or "is it legal" just spread fear, confusion and panic. Especially for newer owners who are just getting into this world.

I am not telling people to disregard the law (some of us will continue being free men, while others comply) but jumping to conclusions and creating speculations out of thin air does absolutely nothing positive. Especially when there are not concrete answers yet.

Individuals may come here looking for answers or advice (I would not suggest doing so) and will leave only more confused, scared, and frustrated then when they first arrived. All for nothing.

The bill isn't even in place yet………

What if I don't wipe good and leave a dingleberry behind and my doctor sees it during my prostate exam and it gets on their gloved pinky finger, do I have breast cancer?

NWFA has turned into Facebook
Apparently. If Facebook is where people go to post every random thought in their head. IDK, I don't do FB.

I don't recall the personality trait, but some people just HAVE to do it for some kind of personal gratification and validation.

What if I don't wipe good and leave a dingleberry behind and my doctor sees it during my prostate exam and it gets on their gloved pinky finger, do I have breast cancer?
Na….. that's just a snack for the doctor. It's a friendly gesture.

Good question....
However....
Does it need to have its own thread...or would have it been better posted in one of the other 114 What if threads...?
Andy
At this point I think 60% of the threads on this forum were started by Fire Marshall Bill here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top