JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With that definition most revolvers are high capacity firearms...
You're being silly!
:s0114:
r
A cylinder on a revolver is not a detachable magazine but an 11 shot revolver makes my Hicap cut, and yes, I am having fun.
Hicap!

Yeah. That's the problem and how we die from a thousand cuts.
I disagree. The "Standard cap/ Hicap" nonsense is a distraction
The REAL issue is DETACHABLE magazines. That is what they are after

I see no sense playing a name game as eventually anything with a magazine is high capacity massive firepower deadly on our streets killing children militarized criminals.
Scary!!!!
Bingo!

r
A cylinder on a revolver is not a detachable magazine and yes, I am having fun.

I disagree. The "Standard cap/ Hicap" nonsense is a distraction
The REAL issue is DETACHABLE magazines. That is what they are after

Bingo!

So when they say nobody needs more than 5 or even 3 rounds to hunt they are really meaning a detachable mag? I think we aren't comparing apples to apples.

I disagree It is apples to apples
When they say you don't need more than x rounds to hunt they most definitely mean you don't need detachable magazines. 3-5 rounds fit nicely in a closed magazine rifle, like a 70 or 700.
First it's 10 rounds are all you need, then 7 and finally double barrel shotguns will be " Hicap"
Arguing amongst ourselves over standard cap, Hicap, 30 cap or baseball cap is a waste of energy.
The fight is over detachable magazines.
That IMHO is the real fight.

Last Edited:
Do you have to buy some SCMs? No...

Should you have sure you have some on hand? Yes, unless you wish to be like people in non-free states where they are prohibited and you are without.

In California we recently had a one week window to purchase SCMs for the first time in 20 years. Currently, we have to continue to wait on a suit slowly going through the courts to see if we will ever have this opportunity again.

Personally, I had never shot a SCM until about 10 days ago, which reminds me...how do you load 30 round Magpul gen 3 SCMs?

image.jpeg

They seem to be blocked on both ends and I am having a hard time getting the rounds through the little window:s0167:

Last Edited:
yep, just like California. All the grandfathered mags are almost useless if running a lawful California compliant gun .

Currently, not exactly true. On non-AW registered rifles, if running a fixed mag, then they are not allowed. If running featureless, then SCM are allowed....

...however, check back tomorrow, the legislature is still in session... :(

Currently, not exactly true. On non-AW registered rifles, if running a fixed mag, then they are not allowed. If running featureless, then SCM are allowed....

...however, check back tomorrow, the legislature is still in session... :(
No doubt , I was just in this conversation yesterday with an in law up from Cali , they have a good amount of mags and it's just as you say , hence why I said almost useless , I'll check back tomorrow lol . Good luck , so many good people behind enemy lines right now .

My Armalite AR-180 came with 40 round magazines.
My thinking is that Eugene Stoner wanted 10 more then an AK-47, so when the commies ran out of ammo, US forces wouldn't.

Depends on if you plan on complying with pathetic politicians who see themselves as lords over the masses.

Some people find some lines are repugnant to the concept of the liberty we are supposed to have as free people.
We all seem to be waiting for a shoking new law to spur us into action. The 1st gun law was infringement of our RIGHTS. One of our founders said that an unconstitutional law should be looked at as if it didn't exist. But due to now our ignorance & government ignoring the Constitution we obey like good little "subjects" on pain of the government gorilla pouncing with full force on us.

We all seem to be waiting for a shoking new law to spur us into action. The 1st gun law was infringement of our RIGHTS. One of our founders said that an unconstitutional law should be looked at as if it didn't exist. But due to now our ignorance & government ignoring the Constitution we obey like good little "subjects" on pain of the government gorilla pouncing with full force on us.

I'm not disagreeing with you. At the moment however taking the initiative to execute treasonous politicians who have infringed upon rights of American citizens by passing unconstitutional laws is something that is not just a happenstance action and one from which the country would forever be altered in its direction it goes like the saying in for a penny in for a pound as there is absolutely no middle ground on that path so many individuals who have very stout beliefs in individual liberty don't want to go about that endeavor half cocked.

Passive resistance is alive and well look at many states who have passed laws for citizens to turn in what they own and have received none or extremely little the power of the rule of law diminishes as people begin to see the ridiculousness of the overreaching overbearing government and as citizens continue to passively defined laws their willingness to actively defy them in a more forceful manner grows over time.

No one goes from being a perfectly happy Citizen to a gorilla revolutionary fighter overnight it's a process that involves pressure and time and the inability to peaceably live in a society that once could have solely because of the new laws that have been passed.

It's by putting more and more previously very morally guided and law abiding Americans into a corner where they have no options but to either surrender their rights or defy the government that we will have a change in the future.

Last Edited:
Given the anti-gun mood in Salem and likely bad legislative outcome for semi-automatic rifles?
If you go to jusisdictions where the high capacity magazines were made illegal and check to see how many were turned in, you will get an idea just how effective those laws are. Nobody is turning in their hi-cap mags just because a bunch of politicians say they should.

If you go to jusisdictions where the high capacity magazines were made illegal and check to see how many were turned in, you will get an idea just how effective those laws are. Nobody is turning in their hi-cap mags just because a bunch of politicians say they should.
How about the fact that they're still sold openly by dealers in CO?

:s0140:

All of my magazines are 5 round magazines....
5x4, 5x6, 5x12........ :rolleyes:

Laws are one of those funny little things where they are incredibly easy to pass and incredibly hard to turn over once they've become law. If we could just start to getting rid of the absolutely most pathetic of laws first, we'd be covering some ground. Then move on to the next worst, and so on...

I use a Maglula for my AR's and an Uplula for may pistol mags.

A few folk I know sneered at them, until they used one or the other and decided to never go back to manually loading magazines.

They are a delight to use and save your battered hands.

I'm not disagreeing with you. At the moment however taking the initiative to execute treasonous politicians who have infringed upon rights of American citizens by passing unconstitutional laws is something that is not just a happenstance action and one from which the country would forever be altered in its direction it goes like the saying in for a penny in for a pound as there is absolutely no middle ground on that path so many individuals who have very stout beliefs in individual liberty don't want to go about that endeavor half cocked.

Passive resistance is alive and well look at many states who have passed laws for citizens to turn in what they own and have received none or extremely little the power of the rule of law diminishes as people begin to see the ridiculousness of the overreaching overbearing government and as citizens continue to passively defined laws their willingness to actively defy them in a more forceful manner grows over time.

No one goes from being a perfectly happy Citizen to a gorilla revolutionary fighter overnight it's a process that involves pressure and time and the inability to peaceably live in a society that once could have solely because of the new laws that have been passed.

It's by putting more and more previously very morally guided and law abiding Americans into a corner where they have no options but to either surrender their rights or defy the government that we will have a change in the future.

American123, One thing that makes gun owners hesitant to get to the last straw is the comfort level we all enjoy in the US. Open insurrection means choosing to cast what peace we still have aside. Having said that, the breaking point should be much sooner than when they actually start taking the guns by force. That's why the "thousand cuts" anti-gun legislators keep chipping away, piece by piece! Sooner, rather than later, they will show ALL their cards! They sure have if you measure the actions of some western states recently like California, Oregon, and Washington but especially in my state of Oregon!

American123, One thing that makes gun owners hesitant to get to the last straw is the comfort level we all enjoy in the US. Open insurrection means choosing to cast what peace we still have aside. Having said that, the breaking point should be much sooner than when they actually start taking the guns by force. That's why the "thousand cuts" anti-gun legislators keep chipping away, piece by piece! Sooner, rather than later, they will show ALL their cards! They sure have if you measure the actions of some western states recently like California, Oregon, and Washington but especially in my state of Oregon!

I'm very familiar with all the potential strategy involved. I see it as a travesty that California's been allowed to muck around with their clear constitutional violations of he 2nd amendment as they have.

For the fed to allow select states to clearly violate the 2nd amendment sets a bad precedence that other states have followed. That combined with Oregon and Washington getting more and more California transplants every year. We are becoming "californiaized"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top