JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Racoon problem, I live in a no shooting area but my neighbors on all side have little dogs and sid They want me to shoot if I can, but as soon as I do the police will show up. I know if it is attacking a pet or person I'm allowed to shoot, that beein said I have tried trapping but got my cat instead he is still peoed at me lol so is there a pellet gun that is quiet and powerful enough to put them down oh and priced under 200.00
During the era when I had ducks I used a combination of shooting and trapping raccoons, possums, and skunks. I used live traps because neighbors have cats. Once an animal is in the trap, it can be killed by immersing the entire trap in a barrel of water or pond. If its a skunk move slowly and pull an old blanket over the trap to confine spray in case skunk sprays while you're moving the trap.

Because there home is under my storage my neighbors all have small dogs two of the Racoons are 3/4 the size of my Ausstrailian Shephard so they have to go one way or another if I could trap them I would take them to the river and let them go thats what I would like to do
Raccoons are really smart. Once you have trapped and released one it is likely thereafter untrappable. It isn't kind to release a now untrappable problem raccoon anywhere within miles of anyone else's property. Even if you release them miles from any farm, ranch, or home, what then? Most likely the racoon is either being put out into an area not good for raccoons or one good for raccoons and already full of them. Coons that grew up foraging for wild food rather than eating dog food or poultry. That is, the transported racoon lives happily ever after only in your imagination. It is more likely it dies from starvation, fights with other coons, or predators. Or if it lives, it may be by displacing some other coon that then dies of starvation, fights, or predators.

Raccoons are really smart. Once you have trapped and released one it is likely thereafter untrappable. It isn't kind to release a now untrappable problem raccoon anywhere within miles of anyone else's property. Even if you release them miles from any farm, ranch, or home, what then? Most likely the racoon is either being put out into an area not good for raccoons or one good for raccoons and already full of them. Coons that grew up foraging for wild food rather than eating dog food or poultry. That is, the transported racoon lives happily ever after only in your imagination. It is more likely it dies from starvation, fights with other coons, or predators. Or if it lives, it may be by displacing some other coon that then dies of starvation, fights, or predators.
What if I release them near somebody's home that I don't like? Sounds like a win win for me and the coon!

What if I release them near somebody's home that I don't like? Sounds like a win win for me and the coon!
Appealing idea, I admit. But a released raccoon can't be aimed like a gun. It may run for a while before settling down. And even if it settled down immediately where it was released, its home range would likely be bigger than one farm. You would likely be siccing the coon not just on the person you don't like but also on his innocent neighbors.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top