JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
WHEN people impart religious opinions or verses from the Bible when trying to explain or rationalize something they say or write ?

Example - I am a long time member of a 'old' gun forum and there are quite a few active members who are obviously very religious. This is because when they either post to, or create a thread about something NON-RELIGIOUS (current events/politics mostly) they will post their response and then often move very quickly into how it's 'God's plan' (or something similar) to do, create, make happen, why etc. and then cut and past a lengthy verse, passage etc. from the bible to support or 'explain' the issue(s).

I most certainly respect religion and 'followers' of such however I am not what you would call 'religious' in the typical definition.

I am sure these people have honest and sincere intentions however after reading their initial post and see them take a religious 'path' I loose interest as I have no interest in reading a part of the Bible they posted - with some being MUCH longer than their initial post. I sometimes get the 'feeling' they are trying to 'minister' to other members.

FWIW the forum has a specific 'religious' subcategory however it doesn't seem to be a problem when it spills out into ANY category.

Anyway just asking for opinions is all. Mods please delete if this violates any rules.

I don't really mind when they do it to explain why they have a particular opinion about
a particular topic, it adds some understanding ...
.... But, I certainly DO mind when they do it to explain to ME why MY particular opinion on a
particular topic is wrong.

:s0008::s0092:

(of course it depends on relevance to the topic... just because hamburgers aren't mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean
I shouldn't like hamburgers)

First, god doesn't believe in me, so this is coming from a non-christian/judeo/Muslim perspective. Doesn't mean I'm not religious, just not those ones.

It doesn't bother me personally. Y'all are free to believe what you believe, as am I. If a bible or other religious text is what a person uses to guide their decisions, I don't mind the context. I don't feel anyone has prosyletized to me.

My $.02.

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

/locked.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews