JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm doing a little research and trying to choose a new defensive round and keep hearing and seeing pictures of great things in the Federal HST and Tactical Bonded rounds. The problem is, not only are the vendors that show this stuff for sale few and far between but I have a feeling that most of them don't actually have it in stock anyway.

AND

While checking out Federal Premium's website, they don't actually show either of these offerings at all! Nothing! Hydra Shok...no problem. HST or Tactical Bonded...no existy.

So what gives? Am I just not looking in the right place or what? Any other popular self defense ammo information is readily available on the manufacturer's site.
:huh:

I'm doing a little research and trying to choose a new defensive round and keep hearing and seeing pictures of great things in the Federal HST and Tactical Bonded rounds. The problem is, not only are the vendors that show this stuff for sale few and far between but I have a feeling that most of them don't actually have it in stock anyway.

AND

While checking out Federal Premium's website, they don't actually show either of these offerings at all! Nothing! Hydra Shok...no problem. HST or Tactical Bonded...no existy.

So what gives? Am I just not looking in the right place or what? Any other popular self defense ammo information is readily available on the manufacturer's site.
:huh:

LEO Agencies buy this stuff up like hotcakes...they also have priorities on all backorders.

But shouldn't Federal at least list it on their website? You'd think they would want to advertise such seemingly popular products.

Remember the black talons? I'm sure that they're keeping these bullets on the down-low for a reason...if they are that good, then they'll want to keep them in the LEO hands only so that some Brady campaign leaves them be.

Do your research here.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

If you find some, try it out before you trust your life to it. Make sure that your pistol likes whatever round you choose to carry.

I personally carry Federal HST .40 165gr. Just My personal choice. I have done my own research and tests, and this is the round that I Trust.

You can find the HST and tactical bonded in .40cal at ammunition to go. They carry the tactical bonded in the 9mm, but not the .45.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/40-sw-hollow-point-ammo

What caliber are you looking for?

There are other places to find it, just look around online, because you usually won't find it at your local gun store.

Stay Safe.

Got this info from <broken link removed> website...

Like all quality duty ammo, you wont find this at Walley World.
This is Law Enforcement ammunition. Federal like Winchester restricts its sale to LEO only. This is their rule and not a law so its perfectly legal to own and use. We got this ammo for an agency that canceled their order so its up for sale.

Sweet, I was able to procure some 9mm Federal LE Tactical Bonded 135gr. +P as well as some Federal LE HST .45 ACP 230gr. +P so I will be able to give them both a try. Thanks for the leads guys.

Got this info from <broken link removed> website...

I got a few boxes of HST from a shop awhile back... Needless to say I went back to the same shop a month or so ago to buildup my surplus, and they said that they will only sell to LE only (same story at other shops, including the ones that is the ones that know what ammunition I am talking about). DA*N IT ALL!! Thankfully I have not shot the few boxes that I already have!! I have been watching a few web sites for the stuff to come into stock....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top