Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Does Federal HST really exist..?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by oasis618, Jan 5, 2011.

1. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

I'm doing a little research and trying to choose a new defensive round and keep hearing and seeing pictures of great things in the Federal HST and Tactical Bonded rounds. The problem is, not only are the vendors that show this stuff for sale few and far between but I have a feeling that most of them don't actually have it in stock anyway.

AND

While checking out Federal Premium's website, they don't actually show either of these offerings at all! Nothing! Hydra Shok...no problem. HST or Tactical Bonded...no existy.

So what gives? Am I just not looking in the right place or what? Any other popular self defense ammo information is readily available on the manufacturer's site.
    :huh:

2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

LEO Agencies buy this stuff up like hotcakes...they also have priorities on all backorders.

3. oasis618

But shouldn't Federal at least list it on their website? You'd think they would want to advertise such seemingly popular products.

4. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

It can be found in .40 but any other calibers are currently darn near impossible to find

5. Riot

Remember the black talons? I'm sure that they're keeping these bullets on the down-low for a reason...if they are that good, then they'll want to keep them in the LEO hands only so that some Brady campaign leaves them be.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

7. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Do your research here.

LE - Pistol

LE - Wound Ballistics

If you find some, try it out before you trust your life to it. Make sure that your pistol likes whatever round you choose to carry.

I personally carry Federal HST .40 165gr. Just My personal choice. I have done my own research and tests, and this is the round that I Trust.

You can find the HST and tactical bonded in .40cal at ammunition to go. They carry the tactical bonded in the 9mm, but not the .45.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/40-sw-hollow-point-ammo

What caliber are you looking for?

There are other places to find it, just look around online, because you usually won't find it at your local gun store.

Stay Safe.

8. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

most good gunshops carry hornaday xtp. in most popular calibers they even have 9 makarov

9. Riot

Got this info from THIS website...

10. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Correct, Anyone can buy and own it.

11. AndyH

Deleted

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  12. AndyH

13. oasis618

Sweet, I was able to procure some 9mm Federal LE Tactical Bonded 135gr. +P as well as some Federal LE HST .45 ACP 230gr. +P so I will be able to give them both a try. Thanks for the leads guys.

14. Crispy

Crispy WA Member

I got a few boxes of HST from a shop awhile back... Needless to say I went back to the same shop a month or so ago to buildup my surplus, and they said that they will only sell to LE only (same story at other shops, including the ones that is the ones that know what ammunition I am talking about). DA*N IT ALL!! Thankfully I have not shot the few boxes that I already have!! I have been watching a few web sites for the stuff to come into stock....