JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does concealed really mean concealed?

• No metal detectors means I can carry - CMC

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Follow the letter of the law - Even if it's stupid

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Leave it at home - baaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too paranoid to answer just in case big brother is watching - bi-mart has a good deal on foil

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Reactions
Frequently I see posts where someone asks an 'is it legal' type question and inevitably someone will say 'concealed means concealed'. Since sooner or later you will run into a 'no firearms' sign or have to go into a federal building or some other place restricted by law; does concealed really mean concealed?

Most of the federal buildings have a "metal gate" that you have to go through. Even if you gun is perfectly concealed you will have to take it off ... therefore not concealed, and is a big no no when it comes to federal buildings. You can get in deep waters by carrying a firearm in a federal building ...

In Washington it is only illegal to carry in the following places: Jail, Court, Mental Hospitals, Bars, School Buildings....RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

The restricted access areas of a jail, or of a law enforcement facility, or any place used for the confinement of a person...

Those areas in any building which are used in connection with court proceedings, including courtrooms, jury rooms, judge's chambers, offices and areas used to conduct court business, waiting areas, and corridors adjacent to areas used in connection with court proceedings. The restricted areas do not include common areas of ingress and egress to the building that is used in connection with court proceedings, when it is possible to protect court areas without restricting ingress and egress to the building. The restricted areas shall be the minimum necessary to fulfill the objective of this subsection

The restricted access areas of a public mental health facility certified by the department of social and health services for inpatient hospital care and state institutions for the care of the mentally ill, excluding those facilities solely for evaluation and treatment. Restricted access areas do not include common areas of egress and ingress open to the general public;

That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

The restricted access areas of a commercial service airport designated in the airport security plan approved by the federal transportation security administration

Other than those areas I carry.

If you live in Washington,it doesn't really matter ,legally.Since we are an open carry state and the local munnies can't override,concealed means as hidden as YOU want.

If I do carry,I don't really care if I print or it shows a little.I don't carry much anyway,but it's usually out in the woods and no one cares.

Maybe I didn't word my thread well. I know where I can and can't carry legally and I know all about open carry. My question is in those 'grey' area's like a school or a bar (illegal in WA) or a Post Office (yes I know about 'lawful purpose' clause), or events at the Rose Garden. Read through a few 'is it legal' threads and inevitably someone says CMC regardless of the actual law or posted signage. I wondered how many people take the hard line of no metal detectors means I can carry vs. the obey the letter of the law at all times.

Federal law is Federal law. While some people don't like it, there are reasons that the Feds don't want firearms in their buildings. Obeying the law is easier (and cheaper) in the long run. Felonies stay on your record for a LONG time, especially firearms related ones...

I follow the law whenever the law is clear that I would be committing a crime simply by carrying in a certain location. If it is a grey area or a situation (like with no carry signs on businesses) where having the gun on you in the business is not a true crime in itself I will carry until I am asked to leave.

I am a bit of a carry hypocrite in some ways. I am someone that believes a carry gun never becomes an issue is no one sees it, but I am also someone that makes minimal effort to conceal my own gun. I just feel people pay less attention to some who is appropriately dressed who has a small bulge under their shirt than they do to someone who is wearing a vest (or other inappropriate style of clothing used for concealment) in warm weather.

I follow the law whenever the law is clear that I would be committing a crime simply by carrying in a certain location. If it is a grey area or a situation (like with no carry signs on businesses) where having the gun on you in the business is not a true crime in itself I will carry until I am asked to leave.

Same here. Not really sure which poll option fits.

And my point was that the supreme law should be the original intent of the BOR's, and that denying American citizens the right to keep and bear arms is infringement, straight up! We huddle down and obey laws that there is no right to impose on us, while other "animals" have no such infringement. I guess I'm just complaining in an open forum, but my personal philosophy is to carry as a duty under the Constitution, and those who infringe are enemies of the U.S.A.

That doesn't mean I carry through that electronic gate, I'm not that patriotic. Questions like this are understandable, but the fact that we have to ask them is infuriating.

To illustrate my point...here is how i am dressed today and I have been carrying everywhere I went. Even on a bike ride.

lightcarry.jpg

I have carried in places where it is posted movie theater ,rose garden ,etc only because they were places I would be leaving in the dark and walking a distance to my vehicle in an unfamiliar place but you have to weigh that against a criminal trespass if they catch you tough choice!

Brutis

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads