JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son is stationed on San Clemete Is. (he's a PO2 in the NAVY and an Electronic's Tech) He has just bought his first Pistol (a Stoeger Cougar 8045F) and Rifle A Savage 111FC) And he plans on doing a lot of shooting with both.

Since we are a family that reloads almost everything we shoot. I was hoping to be able to reload ammo for him. The cost for him to gear up in order to reload just for himself would be prohibitive.

Since we live in Oregon I have to figure out a sensable way to get ammo to him. The return empty brass is no problem a 6" square Priority box will hold a heck of a lot of either .45ACP or 30-06 brass.

So How do you guys ship ammo? And does anyone know if I can legally ship to CA with all their silly laws?

We had to read 50 pages of crap on the CA DOJ web site just to make sure we didn't run a muck of their laws buying the handgun here and WHAT handgun he bought.

He's already via registered mail sent in his registration for the pistol so if he gets stopped on the way down they won't charge him with gun trafficing SILLY CA.

I don't think it is allowed anymore. Used to live in San Jose, and about 8 years ago I got some surplus ammo shipped but could only go through UPS, not USPS. I know some of the laws changed to prohibit ammo delivery through the mail, because I was never able to do so again.
Yeah, you are right, the laws in CA are silly, am glad that I left.

shipping the ammo is weight factor. so I don't. i run down to Dads place in Riv county and reload then come home. Infact i go down in Jan weather permitting... Woo Hoo When I order ammo supplies, I usually wait until Cabelas and the likes have "free ship" to order my lead.

I should ad. wifes a postal worker.. NO ammo thru USPS... only shells and bullets. UPS will take anything.

Yea doing some more specific reading looks like ALL mail order sales into CA will be stopped come FEB 1. So I guess we come up with a FTF method. He will be back home at least a couple times a year. At least I'll be able to reduce his need to buy local. With what I'm sure will be raising prices now that ammo sales have to be logged.

Or maybe I watch the ads for a used Press and gear.

SILLY SILLY CA crap.

Well we been looking at the numbers and I guess we will get him setup to do his own reloading. The Wife and I are going down to see him in early march So I will build him a nice bench for his little storage garage that he can break down and haul on his motorcycle trailer should he need to move it. In the end it makes more sense.

If I remember right they just passed a law on mail order ammo, I'm glad I moved from that dump, everytime I visit I'm reminded. However I will be headed down to the bay area in February and I could mule some ammo down perhaps.

Thanks for the offer sava6e but I think we have figured out a work around.

For this year we will be heading down in early March and since I have a little over 500 rds of his empty brass now I can load that and take it down with us. Then what ever he buys in the mean time I can pickup and load to wait for his next visit home.

In the mean time both of us will be looking for a deal on a press or he will just buy the RCBS starter kit and add a few things to it. And in March I can take a small relaoding bench down to him to get started with.

Yeah, for this reason and many more, it is good to be FROM California.

Yup, in 1992 we left the DPRK for Free America - one of those things one does in life and never regrets. We will be going there next Spring, which I am not looking forward to. When we have have visited since moving out I have always felt like I was visiting a foreign country, and returning to F.A. is a relief.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top