JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there are some spiral hammer forged barrels out there, but they are not the standard taper profile.

I have an International (Mannlicher style) wood stock for a 10/22 action I put into a Hogue stock instead. I would like to build an inexpensive 10/22 with a spiral hammer forged barrel that would fit the International stock, but it only accepts the standard taper barrel, including the end where the front iron side is added.

I have lusted after a Steyr Luxus Mannlicher stocked rifle with the spiral hammer forged barrel for decades, and it occurred to me that maybe I could make an inexpensive 10/22 that looks somewhat like that rifle.

I looked around and found what appears to be a heavy profile barrel that won't fit the stock.

TIA

Thanks, but that is fluting which is a quite different look from spiral hammer forging - the latter is much more subtle:

Here is a good pic showing a Steyr rifle with a spiral forged barrel:

ous-260-Remington_100694844_70271_D221A4DAC7F65BE5.jpg

If you ever see one in person you might agree with me on how beautiful they look, plus they are a better barrel.

Your ex been in jail? Do you have a restraining order against her?

Does it count if it was prostitution while working in a "nude model" place that she never got busted for? Does it count if she was involved with the Calif division of Vegas Mafia?

You got me beat on that score, no jail, no RO (I cut that beotch out as much as I could long ago). My daughter moved her to AR to "take care of" her. And my SIL says daughter constantly comes home from a visit crying due to the mean comments. But otherwise I remember your description of your ex's nature very well.

Does it count if it was prostitution while working in a "nude model" place that she never got busted for? Does it count if she was involved with the Calif division of Vegas Mafia?

You got me beat on that score, no jail, no RO (I cut that beotch out as much as I could long ago). My daughter moved her to AR to "take care of" her. And my SIL says daughter constantly comes home from a visit crying due to the mean comments. But otherwise I remember your description of your ex's nature very well.

Close enough. Not quite the same nature, but close enough.

Not 22lr, but I know CZ has a few, and I mean a few, barrels like this floating around. I have one on a CZ 527 Royal in .223. There are only 500 - 1000 in the states though. Spiral Hammer forged just like Styer. Some of their high end exotic 22s may have such a barrel, but that doesnt help with 10/22s

I don't think one exists. Ruger hammer forges their barrels then machine finishes them to the taper size. That process removes the nice forging marks. Their bull barrel is the only one I know of that has the marks left in place.

You might get a Smith to recreate the look, but it will only be cosmetic and not true forged marks.

Another thought would be to get the bull barrel and have a Smith turn it down to profile. You'll lose most of the markings but should be left with some.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top