JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so here's one that fits my hand pretty well, old farriers rasp & unknown Carolina smith:

Resized_20190403_164232.jpeg

so here's one that fits my hand pretty well, old farriers rasp & unknown Carolina smith:

View attachment 565885

See, the old rasp turned into a nice Bowie Blade and is performing wondrous service as a cutting tool long after it's filing days have passed into history.

I believe the steel for the DK ONLY knives comes from Japan and the knives are manufactured in the United States (Bloomington, Indiana). The D2 steel has been hardened to between 58 and 60 on the Rockwell Hardness scale. This allows the "semi-stainless" steel to take, and hold, a good edge. I'm not worried about marring the handle or getting it dirty. These are tools are meant to be carried and used.

You only live once.

Last Edited:
D2 is a great steel if heat treated properly for use as a knife steel. D2 is a member of the high speed tool steel family and Bob Dozier is THE expert when it comes to D2 heat treat. The steel is the heart of the blade but the heat treat gives it its soul.

I like the design of that blade and hope the heat treat is top notch and gives you years of excellent service.

D2 is a great steel if heat treated properly for use as a knife steel. D2 is a member of the high speed tool steel family and Bob Dozier is THE expert when it comes to D2 heat treat. The steel is the heart of the blade but the heat treat gives it its soul.

I like the design of that blade and hope the heat treat is top notch and gives you years of excellent service.

This Bowie is, in fact, a "fighting knife" and was designed as such. It will be carried for personal protection and a bit of deer skinning on the side.

Handsome, isn't it?

As I hold this thing in my hand, it fits like a "motorman's glove". This thing is a BEAST! The spine is thick and should be tough enough to accomplish any skinning/gutting tasks that present themselves. The "clip" is thick enough to pierce most metals (D2 steel is used to stamp, cut and machine other metals).

DK KNIVES deserves "five out of five" stars. I highly recommend anyone needing a "hard service" Knife to look no further than a DK KNIFE on eBay of Bloomington Illinois. You'll be glad you bought a custom, hand made, durable knife from these people.

I'm "happier than a speckled pup under a red wagon". :):cool:

Last Edited:
I prefer my skinning knives to be small and manueverable, but I'd happily grin down a b'ar with that there toothpick!

And I think it would be awesome for jumping on a Javelina!

How bout this lil pig sticker:

View attachment 566142

I saw that but recurve blades can be difficult to sharpen. The Bowie that I purchased has sufficient "meat" to the blade that ti can handily puncture an animal's (or assailant's) heart or lung. Mine is the last of a few that the had like it.

DK made a "thick" Bowie like mine with a full tang and olivewood scales/handles. These knives would be great for a Javalina or Wild Boar hunt where one would be required to dispatch the animal with a blow from a knife blade.

DK made a "thick" Bowie like mine with a full tang and olivewood scales/handles. These knives would be great for a Javalina or Wild Boar hunt where one would be required to dispatch the animal with a blow from a knife blade.

Like that "ex-special-forces" guy on Dual Survival. IIRC he made a spear from his knife.

Like that "ex-special-forces" guy on Dual Survival. IIRC he made a spear from his knife.

This has been done many times. Even in Ian Fleming's "Thunderball" the sailors lashed their switchblade knives onto swab and broom handles to form makeshift spears. This is easily done with a Gerber Mark II stiletto. (That would make for a perfect "home-made" spear).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top