JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know who makes these Flash Hiders? Looks like a 'CAN' quick connect thread on the outside ..... threaded and pinned on too ..... Would love to get some more and the Female CAN adapter but there is no name on it. Just 'Pat. Pending. Thanx!

Made by Advanced Armament.....a buddy of mine has them on all his rifles. Swapping the can from rifle to rifle takes 10 seconds if its not too hot. If I was going to get a suppressors set up I would heavily consider this set up with an AAC can.

Edit - Damn my slow typing....you beat me to it

Thanx all ...... Yep, it is the AAC 51T ...... I already have a .30 CAN ....... I wonder if they make adapters for other brands of CANS?

I 'really' appreciate it ..... :s0155:

It's not an adapter, it's the mount for AAC's M4-2000 silencer. They also make a muzzle brake version which I have on my SBR PS90 since I didn't want the three prong.

ETA: D'OH, little slow on the submit. :)

Any of AAC's cans with 51t setups, ie M4-2000 762SDN6 300SD, will mount to them. The only suppressor that will mount to them, other than those manufactured by AAC, is Silencerco's Saker. AAC does not make mounts for anyone else's cans.

Btw, the brake out is way better than the blackout, you won't hear the "tuning fork" (see YouTube).

It can also be an adapter, letting you screw the can on to any threaded barrel.

It's not an adapter, it's the mount for AAC's M4-2000 silencer. They also make a muzzle brake version which I have on my SBR PS90 since I didn't want the three prong.

ETA: D'OH, little slow on the submit. :)

Thread flash hider onto properly threaded barrel. Install can. Unscrew both flash hider and can off barrel as one unit. Screw tightly onto any other properly threaded barrel. Whala! It's being used as an adapter. I only mentioned this as I have seen this suggested as a solution for installing an AAC can onto a short barrel inside of a long forearm where the quick detach cannot be operated.

I would hardly call that an adapter, since there is no way to install the silencer with the required mount.

I am no expert, but have been told that this version is the best when using a can because it 'saves' the first baffle from taking so much force. Both 5.56 and 7.62 versions - Advanced Armament Co () Brakeout Flash Hider Muzzle Brake 51-Tooth 762-SD Ratchet Suppressor Mount AR-10 LR-308 5/8-24 Thread Steel Matte

Probably not great without a suppressor though (LOUD). Personally, I'd rather have more recoil than more noise.

The brake dissipates the blast a little before the first baffle in the suppressor; more important with <16" SBRs.

Again, no expert - just what I had read. Also, this is the 5.56 version - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/64...pressor-mount-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte

Also, supposedly, no 'ping' - that would drive me nuts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top