JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'm not mistaken the bottom part is the part that is considered a firearm. I don't know if they sell just that piece but you would have to go through an FFL if you ordered it. I don't know the price on that either.

It sounds like this break is more aesthetic than functionally damaging. As much as I prefer my metal guns as well, hard to beat a lighter polymer framed gun sometime...

Send it to Glock, they'll more than likely replace the frame for you. Unlike some other European companies (see H&K), they don't seem to have an issue with Americans... ;)

I see lots of suggestions to switch to metal frames. Doesn't that negate some of the benefits of a Glock? It would make it heavier and harder to carry. The frame wouldn't flex the same way the polymers do, and since the frame was designed to have flex in it, it would make me nervous about having to replace my springs to compensate or risk failures. Just doesn't really seem like all that good of an idea to me. Those of you who run them and love them, more power to you...

Only metal frame glock I've ever seen run extensively (fancy Robar job, full np3 coating and the works) choked miserably at a handgun class.

What everyone else said... send it to the factory, they'll do right by ya.

Oh, and @ torpedoman - I've seen steel guns break first hand, and heard of/seen plenty more on the net or through friends. It's 2010, can we get over the whole "plastic" gun thing already...?

I don't think i've ever had a steel gun break

I'd hate to have a Colt Anaconda .44 mag blow up in my hand. ;)

Now, if this gun had been polymer, it wouldn't have broken. :gun12:

kbo.jpg

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me- the frame on my G22 had cracked inside and was interfering with the function of the pistol. Sent the stripped receiver to Glock, they determined that an aftermarket recoil spring and guide rod caused the damage, and replaced it for $43. As a bonus, they installed all new parts on it since I sent them a stripped lower, advised ATF that the old receiver had been destroyed, and sent me a copy of the letter documenting that fact for my records.

All things concerned, I am really happy with their customer service, and I didn't mind paying the $43 since I had caused the damage.

Give Glock a call, they'll treat you right.

BGRF

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top