JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd give it a few months after "phase 4" when the same people who participated in panicking buying guns suddenly remember that they're anti-gun and try to sell it back to the gun stores for cheap. The place near my house has a "still in box" buy back program and they've already seen stuff come back...with the price stickers still on them. Sadly, they left with actual firearms enthusiasts the same day.

Hmmm... not so sure about that. The BATFE considers a functional lower a "firearm", whether or not it is paired with an upper.
This position has already been tested and "the jury is no longer out" on that position. See ATF Rule 2015-1 for more details.
That's why you can (still) buy 80% lowers without a BGC and have them delivered to your door, since they are NOT considered functional/completed firearms.
Yet...

At least a lower kinda sorta looks like a firearm part.

I stripped everything out of a 10/22 and looked at the receiver thinking, if I give this stupid piece of metal to someone, I'd be breaking the law...

I took pictures and asked my non-firearm owning friends what it was. Car part was the most guessed :s0114:

Does anyone know if magazine capacity bans are in WA's future? Near future? That was one of the primary drivers for my interest. I won't be moving until September 20th. If they aren't, I can wait out the pandemic B.S. TBH I've never been ultra-enthused about AR's, If i was, I would have owned a multitude by now, so it's hard to fork over money for something you're not enthused over, but again, the legislation just keeps coming in WA, so I definitely thought it became more of a necessity than anything, and I am willing to spend more money on a top-shelf AR if because there is generally less demand for them because of price points. I would prefer to spend $800, but will spend $1,300 if it means I am grandfathered in, etc.

RE the mags, I already answered that. See my Posts #24, 29, and 33 in this thread.
Did you click on the link to the sale at GMW I provided yesterday? You ain't gonna beat that price for AR P-Mags. See Post #35.

RE the AR, you can start low like @DivCurlGrad72 pointed out in Posts #57 and #94, or spend to your heart's content on something really pricey as your intro.
Personally, since you don't have one right now, why fork over a ton-o-dough when you can intro with something for under $600?

Last Edited:
RE the mags, I already answered that. See my Posts #24, 29, and 33 in this thread.
Did you click on the link to the sale at GMW I provided yesterday? You ain't gonna beat that price for AR P-Mags. See Post #35.

RE the AR, you can start low like @DivCurlGrad72 pointed out in Posts #57 and #94, or spend to your heart's content on something really pricey as your intro.
Personally, since you don't have one right now, why fork over a ton-o-dough when you can intro with something for under $600?
I saw the 30 round Gen 2 PMags for $8.99 somewhere. I will post the link when I find it again. I thnk that it was a Memorial Weekend sale.

Wow, I've got about 80 mags for all of my AR-platform rigs already, but I just might hafta aim for 90!

While the worst of the pandemic panic buying is over, from what I can tell sales are still VERY brisk. My last purchase was late last week and I was in 300th+ place for the BGC... I had to wait until the following day to get the approval. This is the first time in over 10 years that I wasn't able to bring the gun home the same day.

It might not be as bad as March or April (I heard the line approached 3000 people) but it's still very much a seller's market and it would be nonsensical to expect prices to drop if people are still buying at the rates that they are.

As others have said, the pandemic panic buying is giving way to the election panic buying... so don't expect any significant price drops until after the election... and naturally that depends on how the election goes.

My guess is demand in gun stores for new 9mm pistols that are carryable and have high capacity mags wont go down for years. People who believed that they didnt need to be able to defend themselves because the cops could/would always do it suddenly got told by the cops themselves that just when they could most expect SD problems the cops werent going to even pretend to respond. I think that was a huge shock, and they will not ever forget it. Then in addition they experienced being unable to get the gun they wanted when they wanted it because of government closing gun stores, paperwork problems, or empty gun shelves. And politicos are making ever increasing attacks on high capacity mags, raising the spectre of being unable to get such guns at all in the future.

On the other hand, I'm watching gunbroker for used pre-loc 629s. While the offer prices might be a little higher than they were a few months back, the prices on deals that actually close dont see to be significantly different. I think if you are a desperate new wannabe gun owner you probably arent buying a used pre-lock 629, and gunbroker probably isnt where you're buying. And if you're buying a used pre-lock 629 you probably have other guns. You arent desperate. I have other guns, including other .44s. Its just that I want a few more.... But there's no hurry about it.

Last Edited:
Does anyone know if magazine capacity bans are in WA's future? Near future? That was one of the primary drivers for my interest. I won't be moving until September 20th. If they aren't, I can wait out the pandemic B.S. TBH I've never been ultra-enthused about AR's, If i was, I would have owned a multitude by now, so it's hard to fork over money for something you're not enthused over, but again, the legislation just keeps coming in WA, so I definitely thought it became more of a necessity than anything, and I am willing to spend more money on a top-shelf AR if because there is generally less demand for them because of price points. I would prefer to spend $800, but will spend $1,300 if it means I am grandfathered in, etc.

I have a question for you please. I do not mean this as a rude question.

If you don't like or really are that interested in an AR rifle - why even put it on your list? You state this in your post.

Buy what you are interested in and really love to shoot!

Don't buy something that does not interest you just because you THINK that you should have one just because everyone else owns one or tells you that you should own one NO matter if it is a firearm or any other tool or object.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads