JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I searched Google and several forums and found lots of posts but no answer. :huh:
Does anyone know the grip screw thread size for the P238? I tried 4mm and the threads are too coarse so it must be a special size, figures.

Thanks,
Jim

Are you sure its 4mm? Could it be 3.5mm?
No I am not sure. I just mentioned 4mm as 3 was way too small and 5 way to big. The grip screw will start in a 4mm nut but just. When you compare the threads on a 4mm machine screw to the P238 screw it is obvious that the P238 screw has more threads per inch. I am not even sure if the P238 screw is metric.

DUH.......the P238 grip screws are the same thread as that of a 1911 but about 1/2 as long.
I tried a screw from my 1911 grips on my 22/45.
Now all I need to do is find out what the 1911 grip screw thread size is.
A member on the Sig forum sent me a PM that the 1911 size is .150"-50. If this is incorrect, please post up.
So I guess I will look on McMasters for some SS screws the length of the P238 screws.
Hmmm, McMasters doesn't list any screws in these sizes

Ment to add and forgot.

Not sure where you live but the Parkrose Hardware store here in East Vancouver now carries a good assortment of gun screws. (Brownell's Assortment)

I am not sure of the Portland store though?

Thanks for the tip on Parkrose HW, I will call the Portland store to see if they have a gun screw assortment.

.150" - 50 x .250 is standard for a 1911's as above.

I prefer and use small "O" rings on my grip screws to keep them from backing out.

Blue lock-tite works also.

Might be something you already know???

Thanks, I am not losing screws, I was just looking for some options like stainless.
I haven't found the right size O rings yet. I tried some that were 1/4"OD, 1/8"ID but were too thick for the short grip screws on the Sig P238. I thought about Loctite but I remove my grips often during cleaning

I found little-itty-bitty ones at the Parkrose Hdw over here. ID = 3.50mm x OD = 4.80mm and the material is about 1.50mm in diameter if my memory is working correctly? A micrometer is not real accurate on rubber or silicone...

I need to pick up some more now that I think of it..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top