Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Does anyone here sew gear?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by PigNorton91, Oct 29, 2014.

1. PigNorton91

PigNorton91 Washington Active Member

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find any other suitable place.

Does anyone on the forum sew their own gear either personal or for others? I have been sewing for a couple years now and am just looking to see who else is out there that may have some tips or ideas for making gear they can share.

Even if you don't sew your opinions are still welcome because I'm sure you have many insights about gear as well.

Currently I am working on some riggers belts using scuba webbing that don't need an outer layer of 1" webbing to attach the cobra buckle. I don't really like the look of those but the stiffness of the scuba webbing is great for concealed carry.

I will post some pics of my projects on here for anyone who wants to see, hopefully you guys will have some cool ideas for me!

Sorry if this isn't really a question, but i thought I would start somewhere!

Pig

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

IronMonster likes this.
  3. PigNorton91

PigNorton91 Washington Active Member

Thanks for the link, those packs look pretty sweet.

He most likely has an Industrial Sewing machine, or maybe a really good old cast iron home sewing machine.

I have a Consew 206RB-5 Industrial sewing machine, which is capable of some pretty thick layers. ( I have sewn 8 layers of 1000D corder no problem.

I will have to pm him to get some advice on some pack making.

4. pdrake

pdrake WA Active Member

I highly recommend Tactical Tailors, south of Tacoma near JBLM. Those guys make and sell many types of gear, but have all sorts of seamstresses and machines. Very friendly, and would surely help you. Go there, talk to them, and buy some stuff, too!