JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not real sure that would get my M1 Garand to open the door from the inside. I was talking about what the OP was asking about not the idea of a panic room or bunker as the thread got side tracked on to. But a room built into a safe for the storage of valuables.

The thread title is safe room.. that means a personal security room for defense against home invasion

It's not my problem that the OP does not have much understanding of defensive terminology

I was just looking around on liberty's webpage and see that they just sell a safe door...for use in your home. I have never seen anything like this in real life. So, post pics if you can :s0092:

Liberty Safe Vault Door

So the OP was asking about a "safe" as in the module that secures your weapons,not a "safe room" in the sense of a bunker type room.

This seems like a great way to go if you have the room...and the money.
One guy up here,apparently ,has 3 huge safes to hold his guns,ammo,precious metals and some good booze? (drunks for kids?)
At around $4k each,it would seem cheaper to just build a room that you could have your guns spaced nicely,as to not scratch them every time you take them out of the safe.

As for "safe rooms",and air supply,burning the house down around you,blah.blah,blah.
Wouldn't it be better to just make ,at least the bottom 3 feet more bullet proof?
Make place to lay low and shoot from instead of putting yourself into a death trap?
Heck if you're a prepper and have big food supplies,you will still have plenty,outside the room for the thugs to live on for a bit.Keeping you in the room for longer than you may want.

If you have to, even sandbags stacked that high (up to window level) would be very helpful. You can fill them with dirt in an emergency and if you have access to used coffee bags, they are even better for interior use

Working on it...I have a large furnace room in my basement. During a remodel we reinforced the interior wall, put in an exterior air supply and a steel door and frame. Allegedly it was to reduce furnace noise and improve air quality, but it also makes one hell of a safe room now - it is very roomy and well isolated. The exterior air intake is concealed and on a separate switch so it can be turned off if needed.

I also have Internet, phone and CCTV in there, but could improve some other items - like an interior bar on the door. It wouldn't withstand a prolonged assault but once alarms are sounding, cameras rolling and lead flying, I like my chances better than elsewhere in the house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top