JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the tital says. I recently picked up a M3 Sniperscope setup for an M1/2 carbine. My plan is to get the thing working after years of poor storage.

1632570712363.png

The whole system (minus the carbine) weighs in at about 30 pounds. They were mostly used in more static battlefield areas at night to catch enemy soldiers trying to infiltrate across the battle lines. I love it because it so retro and shows how far we have advanced since then.

I bought one off of Epay for (relatively) cheap. It included the scope, battery box, transformer unit and transit case. My goal is to get it operational.

Aren't the M3 Sniper scopes a restricted item in Washington state? If memory serves me correctly Washington has / had some arcane law specifically targeting these scopes. All I'm finding right now pertains to infrared scopes in general in regards to hunting.

BTW nice find.

Aren't the M3 Sniper scopes a restricted item in Washington state? If memory serves me correctly Washington has / had some arcane law specifically targeting these scopes. All I'm finding right now pertains to infrared scopes in general in regards to hunting.

BTW nice find.
There are laws against hunting with them, but I don't think there is anything on possession .

Hey Hal, I recognize ya from gunboards! I used to own a complete set up! Cool pieces of history but they take up a lot of room. Amazing that we went from this system which took two men to operate offensively, to the tiny units we use today! There's another gent on gunboards who bought my set up years back when I was moving after college.

E8F30EF2-FFD5-4A4F-AC6B-266A0F7E9861.jpeg 704D071A-19AE-468F-B341-0A2E33F95ACA.jpeg

That's a nice looking set up. So, long story short, I now own two of them. A local dealer I was talking to mentioned he had one he would sell to me, so I bought that one too. Now by mixing and matching I hope to get one operational unit and sell the other one. I do have an M1 carbine receiver that is bad, so I am building up a demill rifle to have as a display mule for the system.

I have a m3 as well as a varo 9903 and have extensive knowledge on rebuilding generation 0,1 and 2 night vision and have a lot of parts as well if needing help
Thanks Erik

Well, I got bit by the night vision bug and have a AN/PVS-2 and AN/PVS-4 on the way.

Played with those at Ft Lewis back in my 9th ID armorer days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top