JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to source a few custom-cut tiles. 5 actually. 7.5" max length, or could be shorter, but more would be required that way.
I don't care what color, pattern etc. They don't need to match. But they must be ceramic, not cement/concrete or synth/plastic.
If this works out I have a project to share with the preppers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can discuss it here or shoot me a PM-Start a conversation.
Thanks in advance!

I need to source a few custom-cut tiles. 5 actually. 7.5" max length, or could be shorter, but more would be required that way.
I don't care what color, pattern etc. They don't need to match. But they must be ceramic, not cement/concrete or synth/plastic.
If this works out I have a project to share with the preppers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can discuss it here or shoot me a PM-Start a conversation.
Thanks in advance!

Buy your tiles and rent a wet tile saw for half a day from Home Depot.

It is stupid simple - I've laid a lot of tile in high end houses. So if it's a small project just shoot me more details.

Ceramic tiles.
And this isn't a "Tile Job" per-se.
I'm putting together a kit to turn a "Fat 50" Ammo Can into a self contained rocket stove, ,and just need a handful of tiles to line the burn chamber/chimney with.
Everyone I've talked to wants to sell me full boxes of tile, when I only need a grand total of two 7.5 x 7.5s and will have some left over at that.

But thanks for the suggestions guys.
Anyone with a saw that can make a couple of cuts for this project?

Last Edited:
If you ever make it to Vancouver let me know. I manage a flooring shop and would be happy to give you the tile that you need to try out your project. I might even have a old tile saw laying around so that we can cut them to size.

Well I checked the shed and while I do have a tile saw and some tiles, they are pieces and not squares.
I can send my driver up to see SKrueger and get the needed tiles. Just let me know and I would happy to cut them for you.

Well I checked the shed and while I do have a tile saw and some tiles, they are pieces and not squares.
I can send my driver up to see SKrueger and get the needed tiles. Just let me know and I would happy to cut them for you.

I looked today. I have a couple different types of ceramic tile that would probably work out great for the project. If you want them I will set them aside for you.

After talking it over with someone who has used tiles in a high heat application like this, he suggested using 2 with a joint instead of a single 7"+ long tile. He said it's like an expansion joint in Concrete. If one end of the tile heats faster than the other, a longer tile would be more prone to cracking.
Which makes sense to me.

So, the tiles will need to be:
6 ea) 3-1/2" X 3-1/2"
1 ea) 3-1/2" X 4-1/2"
1ea) 4" X 4" (this should be a standard size)

All dimensions are +/- 1/16" just for tolerance sake.

Is anyone up for that? What would it cost, and I would pay for postage if they have to come from Vancouver. No sense in driving that far for this small of an order.

I'll be doing a tutorial along with this if that helps, and should be able to help with some of the other materials if someone wants to replicate this.
It should be a pretty handy thing in a convenient package if it works out as well as I think it will.
But first I need to do proof of concept.

Thanks for any help you guys come up with.

Last Edited:
After talking it over with someone who has used tiles in a high heat application like this, he suggested using 2 with a joint instead of a single 7"+ long tile. He said it's like an expansion joint in Concrete. If one end of the tile heats faster than the other, a longer tile would be more prone to cracking.
Which makes sense to me.

So, the tiles will need to be:
6 ea) 3-1/2" X 3-1/2"
1 ea) 3-1/2" X 4.5"
1ea) 4" X 4" (this should be a standard size)

All dimensions are +/- 1/16" just for tolerance sake.

Is anyone up for that? What would it cost, and I would pay for postage if they have to come from Vancouver. No sense in driving that far for this small of an order.

I'll be doing a tutorial along with this if that helps, and should be able to help with some of the other materials if someone wants to replicate this.
It should be a pretty handy thing in a convenient package if it works out as well as I think it will.
But first I need to do proof of concept.

Thanks for any help you guys come up with.

PM me your address I will mail them to you. No need to reimburse me just pay it forward when you get the chance. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top