JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't now, but I have. I carried a Taurus Snubbie, a .357 with a regular hammer in a Uncle Mike's generic holster. I have RKBA and Galco pocket holsters for J-frames and have carried a 637 .38 with a bobbed hammer, and a 351PD which is a 7 shot .22 Mag. I prefer the RKBA holster by the way as it offers a smoother exterior shape while in my pocket (More concealable and offers better hammer protection on the draw for my full hammered 351PD.) While I believe in the lethal ability of the .22 Mag, I really prefer my XDS in .45

I would carry any or my Snubbies In a fleece or a hoodie, Shoot right thru your own clothing if need be and be able to have a second or third shot. A auto might not cycle properly in the confines of clothes.

While we are talking of CC with a revolver, my 637 came with a boot grip that has a flared out portion on the right grip to hook over your pants to crate a holster like IWB carry, without a holster. This does not work well with elastic waistbands, but is pretty good with jeans. I prefer a holster as the holster covers the trigger and protects the gun from my sweat.

And further I currently have a Ergo Delta Grip on my 637. It works well shooting from the hip, because that is the way it was made so for close quarters point and shoot. It seems that it might be useful on a backup gun, but I have to re-purchase the grip so the web of my hand is a good bit lower on the grip to use the sights. I would feel good about it on a backup, not so much on a primary.

So I have carried a revolver in the past and will again depending on my activity and clothing choices, but normal regular it is right now my XDS

Oh yea, especially in the summer when clothing gets light. Cor-Bon DPX's in 110gr +P will not leave you empty-handed.
BeautyIsAs.jpg

While waiting for my XDs .45 to get back from recall I picked up an XD9 sub compact. This is a great pistol to shoot and everyone I let shoot it has loved it. Including my wife who now carries it instead of her .380 bodyguard. That leaves me with nothing but .380's and full size pistols. So I pulled out a Taurus model 85 .38 special I bought from my mother only so she could buy something else she wanted. I am not a Taurus fan but this was Mom's pistol, I paid her way to much for it so she could buy the one she really wanted so it seems to make more sense to keep it at this point. It is my only wheel gun at the moment. I am currently carrying it IWB with a speed loader in my pocket just in case and it is a decent carry piece. I did put some Hogue grips on it so it is nicer to hold and shoot now.

I really wish they would send me back my XDs though....
Did you ever actually shoot it? Some people can actually shoot a DA revolver DA and get 2-4" groups at fifty yards and not from a bench. PPC shooters shoot revolvers.

There's a great Mexican take out restaurant in the SE Portland Rockwood district neighborhood that I frequent once a month.
It's better to pick up your food before it gets too dark, but sometimes it's later in the evening, so I always grab my wife's S&W Chief Special just in case.
I've only seen one stabbing so far, but dang, the foods good and cheap.

I carry a model 38. My father gave it to me a few years back. He bought it in the air force in Alaska in the 70s. Unfortunately it's not rated for +p but I do have federal nyclads so I feel confident with that. Capacity may be lacking a little but reliability it second to none.

Girlfriend carries 638 with crimson trace laser grips. Great purse gun. She loves the laser haha

Yes.
LCR .357 loaded with Remington Golden Saber 125 grain 38 +P. Not too snappy and the LCR is a real nice natural pointer for me. No problem getting BTN (between the nipples) shots at 15-20 feet. If pressed I could go further out, but practice at 15-20 feet.

Mike

Been carrying a S&W M60 for almost 25 years or a M624 .44 Spl for about half that. Added a set of Hogue custom wood grips for the M60 a few years ago...should have done that much sooner. Great grips with custom checkering to your liking.
I find the biggest issue (not with folks on this forum of course) is with people I know who carry the small guns (semi-auto and revolver) who seldom practice with them. Or they practice with low recoil 38 wadcutters and then fill the cylinders with 357 mag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top