JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just traded for a S&W 642 a few days back and it's a dream to carry. However I'll be picking up a 4" DW Model 15 on Monday and may carry it in a Bianchi Cyclone holster.

Yep, one in 9mm.

Taurus-TF.jpg Taurus-TF-holster.jpg

Either a S&W Mdoel 15 or model 36 during summer - during the winter when a coat can be used a I carry sometimes a Model 28 or Model 15 4" barrels. The model 15 and 36 work very well for me.

James

Don't EDC a revolver but, I do keep a Taurus super lite 9 loaded with CCI shotshells, in my GHB that's with me at all the times

AccessBob how do you like the firestorm. I've read about them but haven't had the pleasure of even handling one. I'm a huge fan of Bersa pistols and have been searching for one of those for quite a while. Any info or opinion on that pistol would be great
Thanks

I actually just sold my SW642, but it was awesome for front pocket carry. I replaced it with a Government 1911 and a .45 XDs.

I actually went the other way. I carried a full size 1911 for a time, went to a lightweight Commander size 1911, went from there to the XDs 45 and now to the 642.

Size and weight were a factor with the 1911's and the XDs was a perfect semi with a punch. All were excellent pistols. The only drawback with the Xds or the 642 is lack of capacity.

I carried IWB and that's what was uncomfortable. I carried the XDs OWB and besides weight and size, carrying OWB opened up a whole new world for me. I always wear a cover garment, even in Summer so I decided to carry OWB full time.

Being a dinosaur and a 1911 guy, I may have to go back to a lightweight commander, carried OWB some time in the future.

Kinda' makes all that wheeling and dealing pointless. :s0114:

I carry several revolvers depending on clothing and situation. I have an S&W 442 .38 Special (rated +P), an S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special, also a .38, and a 3" Ruger SP 101 .357 Magnum. I carry the first two in a pocket holster and the latter in a tuckable IWB holster. I also carry a Micro Desert Eagle .380 during the summer. My primary carry piece during cooler weather used to be my Kahr CM9, but I'm moving to a PM45 as soon as I get the bucks together.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I actually went the other way. I carried a full size 1911 for a time, went to a lightweight Commander size 1911, went from there to the XDs 45 and now to the 642.

Size and weight were a factor with the 1911's and the XDs was a perfect semi with a punch. All were excellent pistols. The only drawback with the Xds or the 642 is lack of capacity.

I carried IWB and that's what was uncomfortable. I carried the XDs OWB and besides weight and size, carrying OWB opened up a whole new world for me. I always wear a cover garment, even in Summer so I decided to carry OWB full time.

Being a dinosaur and a 1911 guy, I may have to go back to a lightweight commander, carried OWB some time in the future.

Kinda' makes all that wheeling and dealing pointless. :s0114:

Ya, that 1911 is HEAVY! I love the XDs tho, unfortunately it's the wife's :p

My wife has packed a M65 S & W (357 full house loads) with bobbed hammer spur for decades.. her jogging and BUG has been a M649 bodyguard .38

We are shifting her to a G23 and a Beretta nano for BUG but she will never completely give up her revolvers due to the comfort of extreme reliability

I packed a custom modded 1911 for 15 years and never thought it was too heavy even with a 10 rd mag inserted

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top