JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fort knox personal safe | eBay

I would like to have one of these for my vehicle. Locking a pistol in a trunk just doesn't cut it. Thief can open my truck if he get into the passenger area with the push of a button, without a car key. I wish it wasn't set up that way.

The only thing I don't see are pre-drilled bolt holes in the bottom of the safe to bolt it down. 1/4"-3/8" holes would be nice all pre-done vs a hack like me getting out my Dewalt.

I wish I had found that style when I was buying my bedside handgun safe. Currently we have 2 of these: Mini Gun Safe - Mini Gun Vault - MiniVault | GunVault and 1 of these: MV500-STD - MIcrovault | GunVault | GunVault

The minivaults are set on a flat surface and placed strategically in the home. The microvault is bolted to the side of my nightstand, inbetween the nightstand and the bed. So when it opens the lid rests against the bed and it is in a "V" fashion making access to the handgun quite easy and quiet.

I personally rarely have a problem with the buttons and the backup keys are locked up in another safe. I have the beep turned off so they are quiet. The only challenge I run in to is when I am trying to open it and I'm in my bed, my hand is in a different position. So remembering the sequence is different than when standing over it, but that's a training issue.

If you get the one you asked about, I'd be interested to see what you think of it.

I have one of the safes that the NRA sells, cables around the seat. My Ody also has a lockable compartment in the rear floor. Sounds like a good idea except the lid is plastic so no real protection.

In the motorhome I have a one handgun safe right between the wall and drivers seat. No one even knows it's there unless they sit in the seat and move some storage boxes. Key locking and easy open with one hand when not locked. They no longer make them though.

went from a big winchester gun safe to this...built under my workbench for 30 bucks. Kinda a fun project.

IMAG0262.jpg

I've read too many bad stories about the gunvault buttons. Not as bad as the biometric locks, but still electronics that seem to be produced to the cheapest standard. From what I read, usually the switches give up. As an electronics engineer I am happy to have as few electronics for such type of essentials as possible, so I'm personally looking at either a v-line or fort knox box.

I do not like electronic locks on anything, especialy pistol boxes to be used for home defense. Take a look at something with a kaba mas push button mechanical lock on it. V-line makes some pretty good units. We have failures and issues with the gun vaults products all the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top