JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a G17, I am not a fan of IWB. A FBI cant would be better, because the butt doesn't jab you in the ribs when driving. A G19 or 26 is a better with IWB. I have gone to a cross draw with my G17 and 92fs, the butt points in the opposite direction, very comfortable.

I EDC a G22 IWB on my hip and don't have any problems. Full disclosure: I'm 5'8" and weigh about 240, so I have a little extra mass to hide it.

I use Galco's version of the Summer Special sized for the 17/22 and switch to my G23 when I feel like treating myself to a light day. I have had the best luck with a heavy belt and center the two snap loops on either side of my belt loop. With a jacket or loose shirt, it doesn't print except if someone knows where to look and what to look for.

Good Luck!

sometimes I carry a glock 35 iwb. does that help? it actually carries better than my old glock 19 at times b/c my wallet doesn't get wedged/pinched by the bottom part of the holster.

I EDC a G22 IWB on my hip and don't have any problems. Full disclosure: I'm 5'8" and weigh about 240, so I have a little extra mass to hide it.

I use Galco's version of the Summer Special sized for the 17/22 and switch to my G23 when I feel like treating myself to a light day. I have had the best luck with a heavy belt and center the two snap loops on either side of my belt loop. With a jacket or loose shirt, it doesn't print except if someone knows where to look and what to look for.

Good Luck!

whats edc thanks

I've carried a G17 IWB multiple times. I'm thinking on picking up another because somehow I keep selling them. I've used a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Comp-Tac MTAC both with great luck.

I too use the Crossbreed Supertuck..or their "Quick Clip" for my EDC.. I don't think you can buy a better..more comfortable IWB.. And..yes..I've purchased and sold a lot of other brands..including Milt Sparks.. I carry a G-22 (Same size as a G-17..only in a "real" caliber) at times in this rig..and have absolutely nothing negative to say..

I think it's kind of funny that 1911's are "great for IWB carry 'cause they're so flat and slim, etc", but Glocks are "blocks that are way to thick for IWB carry", but when I hold my Kimber and my G22 side by side, it sure looks to me like there's not more then a 1/10th of an inch difference in width. Full sized Glocks, at least the 9mm/.40 frame Glocks, are very manageable for IWB carry, with a proper sturdy holster like the aforementioned Crossbreed Supertuck.

I think it's kind of funny that 1911's are "great for IWB carry 'cause they're so flat and slim, etc", but Glocks are "blocks that are way to thick for IWB carry", but when I hold my Kimber and my G22 side by side, it sure looks to me like there's not more then a 1/10th of an inch difference in width. Full sized Glocks, at least the 9mm/.40 frame Glocks, are very manageable for IWB carry, with a proper sturdy holster like the aforementioned Crossbreed Supertuck.

i believe its not just the thickness that is important. Slide profile, rounded slide shape, length of slide, thickness of buttgrip. have to think 3D/volume not just linear measurements. just remember u have to add the thickness of unforgiving kydex or thicker leather to the overall shape of the pistol.

glocks are bad in the way that the slide is squared vs the rounded 1911 which slightly contours more into the body when you get an extra .2" of leather or .1" of hard kydex. Also the beneficial long slide on glocks works against it when trying to break up the profile of a square gun (two things print when carrying, the top side of the slide and the butt of the grip) Glocks are the worst when it comes to the top of the slide printing. And not to mention the butt of the dang thing. That being said I carry a glock 35 happily.

I too use the Crossbreed Supertuck..or their "Quick Clip" for my EDC.. I don't think you can buy a better..more comfortable IWB.. And..yes..I've purchased and sold a lot of other brands..including Milt Sparks.. I carry a G-22 (Same size as a G-17..only in a "real" caliber) at times in this rig..and have absolutely nothing negative to say..

I carry my glock 20 iwb, but I have a "real" caliber haha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top