JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we agree on the basics. I was just concerned that some folks reading this would mistakenly think that they could take a shotgun, cut down the stock and barrels to the same lengths as the Shockwave, and have a non-NFA firearm like the Shockwave.

... some folks... mistakenly think that they could take a shotgun, cut down the stock and barrels to the same lengths as the Shockwave, and have a non-NFA firearm like the Shockwave.
Nope, nope, aaaand nope. Hopefully people make themselves aware of the (legal) differences between a cut-down shotgun, an SBS, and what falls into the AOW catagory.

I don't have a tax stamp and therefore don't own any NFA weapons, but it only took a couple of minutes to get up to speed on the hows and whys of the Shockwave and Tac14 when they first started showing up. I hope everyone who is intetested in this sort of thing takes a few minutes to learn the differences and stay on the right side of the technicalities that pass for federal law.

Last Edited:
Shockwave is pretty fun to shoot with with 12 gauge "Minis". Set mine up with
Crimson trace green laser and skate board tape on grip.:D Get one while you still can?:confused::confused:
DSC00183.JPG

Perhaps just obtain a decent quality SxS, file the paperwork, get approval, and make whatever you wish? This is not a purely academic statement; I did just that to create an easy to pack SxS shotgun, with a stock, that runs on standard ammunition. (I have found that a shotgun with a stock is so much easier to score hits with than anything PGO.)

The base gun is a Baikal, but it was modified to meet our requirements (recoil pad, SBS modification after the federals approved it, sling, et al.).

467703-5366b5309ab4cda8038ce56a2f6d816c.jpg 452231-6e4f9e19fd4145f61bb89905b4beb31b-jpg.jpg

NFA34 is as stupid as it is unconstitutional, but a filing is just some paperwork, a couple C-notes, and a wait. eForms makes it slightly less obnoxious and that was the system I interfaced with on this project. Annoying of course, but pales in comparison to other bureaucracy one has to deal with (e.g., income tax filings, corporate compliance, buying a home/land, etc.). In the grand view of things, it is nothing but a mild annoyance.

Parenthetically, I've never named a gun, but I do recall after Halloween season I was doing some logging up the hill and carried this little contraption along. When I got home, I said I think I will call the lupara "Lupita" after Lupita Tovar of Drácula fame. The idea was met with an eyebrow raise and a shrug from my sidekick. Then I realized I had probably spent too many hours thinking in the forest. One is prone to the wandering mind with such work, but at least much firewood was harvested. But I digress, my friends. :s0112:

@AndyinEverson. This one was most definitely acquired from Dixie Gunworks. As to the model, I would not swear to it, but after going to their site, I am pretty sure that is the one. I gave it to my wife to modify it a bit (as she has much more experience working with this material) to fit this abbreviated scattergun, but I don't recall precisely what she did. Be that as it may, it has worked very well for hiking up the hill, working, etc. I hope this helps. :)

Glad to help. I just googled "CZ Hammer Classic Coach Gun" and, oh my, that is a beauty! The wife is finally back from the city, wandered in, and concurs with this response. This looks to be a fine, classic scattergun. Anyway, best of wishes. :)

Glad to help. I just googled "CZ Hammer Classic Coach Gun" and, oh my, that is a beauty! The wife is finally back from the city, wandered in, and concurs with this response. This looks to be a fine, classic scattergun. Anyway, best of wishes. :)
Thanks...
It does look good , shoot well and handle nicely.
What I don't like about it is :
The dumb tang safety ( unneeded in my eyes )...Luckily it is of the non-automatic type and I can ignore it.
Phillips head screws on the beautifully case colored buttplate...its supposed to a replica of 19th century coach gun...As nice as the buttplate looks , I'd rather have a rubber buttplate.
And lastly...it is advertised as coming with Modified and Improved Cylinder chokes...My gunsmith measured my chokes as Skeet 1 and Skeet 2...
That said it patterns nice with 7.5 and 6 lead birdshot out to 25 yards or so....

What I may do in the future is see if I can install a removable choke system and a Pachmayr "Old English" recoil pad...it doesn't recoil bad with birdshot...but with buck or slug , it could prove otherwise.

Sorry for the thread drift....
Andy

The "Diablo" is indeed a Muzzleloader...says right in the sales ad...albeit stealthy :
209 primers and the often overlooked : "ML" , in the sales ad description.
( About 8 lines down in the link Dean posted , right after the word "Type" )
Plus the "No license or FFL required order direct" at the bottom of the ad is a give away of it being a muzzleloader...all in all a pretty sleazy / misleading ad copy.

ML means muzzleloader...the Diablo pistol uses shotgun 209 primers with a enclosed ignition , much like many other modern "inline" muzzleloaders.
The "break action" is useful for priming* the gun and in removing the breechplugs for cleaning.
*putting the 209 primers on the ignition ( "percussion" ) caps
Andy

The "Diablo" is indeed a Muzzleloader...says right in the sales ad...albeit stealthy :
209 primers and the often overlooked : "ML" , in the sales ad description.
( About 8 lines down in the link Dean posted , right after the word "Type" )
Plus the "No license or FFL required order direct" at the bottom of the ad is a give away of it being a muzzleloader...all in all a pretty sleazy / misleading ad copy.

ML means muzzleloader...the Diablo pistol uses shotgun 209 primers with a enclosed ignition , much like many other modern "inline" muzzleloaders.
The "break action" is useful for priming* the gun and in removing the breechplugs for cleaning.
*putting the 209 primers on the ignition ( "percussion" ) caps
Andy
UNCLE!
...sorry guys, overlooked the BREECH PLUG part of the description....and thank you for defining "ML", Andy.
I was wondering what that meant.

Dean

UNCLE!
...sorry guys, overlooked the BREECH PLUG part of the description....and thank you for defining "ML", Andy.
I was wondering what that meant.

Dean
Don't worry, I already made an azz out of myself in another thread about that same gun! Some guy asking how you load it and I sort of laughed at him because DUH, you put shot gun shells in the back!

They darken the image of the back of the barrels broke open too, so you can't see the breech plugs.

BASTARDS!

My buddy likes his shockwave or whatever the hell it is he just got (mag fed 870 based) I think it's stupid and uncomfortable to shoot.

shot with 3" magnum 00 buck and oof it hurts. 1 shot was enough of that LOL. 2-3/4 3 dram bird shot isn't terrible, but it isn't really fun either. it's just a modern blunderbuss.