JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't the Shockwave useless enough? Seems everyone who bought one has already traded them off after shooting them and seeing how impractical and uncomfortable they are to shoot. Pointless fad, but good marketing.

Isn't the Shockwave useless enough? Seems everyone who bought one has already traded them off after shooting them and seeing how impractical and uncomfortable they are to shoot. Pointless fad, but good marketing.

:s0092:
I like mine, can hit ok, shot clay's with it before. Doesn't kick bad at all with birdshot. slugs aren't painful, just a "handfull"

Way more comfortable than any pistol grip shotgun. Hold it up arms extended straight, at eye level and sight down the bore

I use it while scouting along with my 10mm pistol.
:s0017:

Last Edited:
These gun types are super fun and even reasonably useful in 20 gauge. I recall someone put out a Howdah type pistol using the 410/45Colt chambering but they priced them pretty high. The revolver types in 410/45Colt could be put out as large pistols easily enough I think but the cylinder gap flash would need to be dealt with.

I highly don't recommend shooting those gats one-handed.
Agreed... everyone has to try it at least once, I totally get that. As someone who had to try it once, and still carries the scar(s), I stand by my (whatever is the opposite of) recommendation.

Doubtful you'll do it a second time... I didn't.

Even w longer (18-19") barrels you're gonna want a hand on top, opposite of a pump-gun. Most doubles have a splinter fore end, not much grip there.

Yes, having fired bird shot 12 ga out of something very similar to what could be referred to as a 12ga pistol. The notion of firing a 12 ga pistol or marauder variant 1 handed effectively, is beyond what 99% of people could do. The rise resulting from recoil would cause most people to hit themselves with it.

Perfect example. These guns seem to be just a silly novelty, judging by how many people quickly sell them after purchase. They are a lot like the judge guns in that respect, very little practical use, just a novelty. For the folks who enjoy them, great, but manufacturers know the fad is over.

Here you go. The Chiappa Triple Threat three barrel break open 12 gauge. I think it's selling for like $1000, though, so good luck with that. Barrels are 18.5", so it's more of a legal shotgun than something like the Shockwave.

Perfect example. These guns seem to be just a silly novelty, judging by how many people quickly sell them after purchase. They are a lot like the judge guns in that respect, very little practical use, just a novelty. For the folks who enjoy them, great, but manufacturers know the fad is over.

With the current short barrel pistol AR craze - in pistol and rifle calibers - along with LAW folding stocks, the shockwave selling so well, and Remington coming out with a 13" barrel semi, how do you think the short barrel craze "fad" is over? Seems to me it's in full swing... and gets a little over the top still (7" 5.56 barrels?)

I'm able to use my shockwave in 12ga just fine, and I'm not that big of a guy - 5' 8" and 160.

I like it for what it is, and it's handy and easy to carry in a scabbard whike hiking/ scouting.

I'll still have and carry it long after any fad is over, because it's actually usefull to me.

What AR craze? The market is flooded with them and they aren't selling. The AR craze is over too. Palmetto and other suppliers are practically giving them away. You can build one for not much more than a 10/22 costs. In fact, many wholesalers are offering buy X number, get one free deals.

What AR craze? The market is flooded with them and they aren't selling. The AR craze is over too. Palmetto and other suppliers are practically giving them away. You can build one for not much more than a 10/22 costs. In fact, many wholesalers are offering buy X number, get one free deals.

I agree about the current glut in the market with standard ARs, but there is a lot of interest in short barrel pistol configurations, some with folding stocks. I think most people who are building or buying them right now are doing pistol builds, and standard rifles are sitting on the shelves. Pistol calibers, 5.56, and 300 blackout are still popular in short barrels.

If you think the AR craze is over...? For good? Just wait until the next panic. There will be another "craze" for anything people can get their hands on with a 30 round removable magazine...

My whole point was to say I don't agree that the shockwave interest is over, and I used the interest in pistol AR's to help support that, because I think any way people can legally get around stupid NFA laws they will.

If shockwave's are stupid useless toys, I guess these guys never got the memo:
us-marshals-shotgun-witness-protection-870.jpg

Recent build thread with lots of pics of pistol AR'S
Build Thread - SBA3 build

Last Edited:
Ya think? That'd be pretty cool, imo.
1) 20ga sbr double (WIN)
2) Comes from a front the antis didn't even know was open (WIN)
3) Same as #2, outraged antis (WIN)
4) Nostalgia and utility, not to mention coolness for days (WIN)

I've cut down a shotgun or two in my day, always keeping it legal*. But I'd pony-up for a reasonably priced SxS AOW if one were available. Who would make it, though? If they're restricted from importation (still unclear on that), what American manufacturer is tooled-up for it? Who could produce it and market it at a reasonable price?

*Tip: If yer gonna cut down a double and you want to keep it legal, cut the stock FIRST. Do your woodworking before you cut the barrel, you're likely to find the barrel needs to be longer than 18" to get you to legal OAL after the stock is cut... most of mine ended up at around 19".

If you cut down a shotgun that ever had a stock, you need an SBR tax stamp. Shockwaves and Tac-14 were built on receivers that never had stocks. This is the reason that they are not short barrel shotguns, they were never shotguns. Shotguns are intended to be fired from the shoulder, e.g. equipped with stocks.

If you cut down a shotgun that ever had a stock, you need an SBR tax stamp. Shockwaves and Tac-14 were built on receivers that never had stocks. This is the reason that they are not short barrel shotguns, they were never shotguns. Shotguns are intended to be fired from the shoulder, e.g. equipped with stocks.
I realize all that, which is why I included the part about cutting the stock first if you want to keep it legal w/out a stamp... the short reciever/grip (of a double) will dictate how long the barrels need to be to maintain legal OAL. Generally speaking, it'll take more than tbe customary 18"(+.25" for margin-of-error) used on a defensive semiauto or pump shotgun.
If you're commenting on my use of "sbs" to describe it, fair enough. I know that's an NFA term. I just used that particular abbreviation for brevity. Technically, what I described would literally be a "sawed-off" shotgun, but that term is about as ubiquitous, overused, and toxic as "assault rifle".