JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you be more specific as to your question? I know of the gun, I've owned a TP9 previously, but not the SF. Can I assume you're having some kind of problem with it?

No sorry I am actually thinking of purchasing and wanted to know peoples thoughts on it. I have read a lot of reviews and they all say it is a great fire arm just wanted other opinions.

Well speaking for the earlier model, I was impressed with the gun. It was well made (though not quite the quality and finish of more expensive guns), handles and shoots well, was 100% reliable for me and accuracy was very nice. I don't have anything bad to say about them myself.

Have had one for about a week. Great shooter. Works perfect for what my application will be, house gun & camp gun, plus simply really fun to shoot.

Wouldn't consider it for everyday carry, but I also wouldn't consider any other full size for everyday carry.

I'm actually thinking on buying another, or perhaps even 2. Yes, really. Got to get one in desert tan to match my outfit for high desert camping. ;)

A friend of mine shot it up at North Fork Wolf Creek range, and now he wants one. He's been shooting for 20+ years, if that helps your consideration for one. I've been shooting for...almost 3 months...

As for my thinking on buying another (or 2), it'd be a slight wager against coming elections is all. Not an investment per say, but I don't honestly see them going for any cheaper than they're at now...

Thank you!! That was what I wanted to hear. The one that I'm looking at is actually desert tan and just wanted to purchase for the same reason's. I also heard a rumor that they are possibly coming out with a threaded barrel that will be interchangeable.:)

Not sure if it is the SF model but Soortsmans off 185tg has these in stock usually. Including the tan model.

I've shot the one with the decocker. I wouldn't get that model as once it decocks it renders the pistol useless. IE it drops the striker and you have to cycle the slide to reingage the striker.

From what I understand they make a model without the decocker. If that is the SF, then I would say do it.

I know I want to get one, or three. They are inexpensive quality pistols that would fit the mold for truck gun or BOB bag gun type roles.

I own 2 TP9SA's and an SF. (and a couple other Canik CZ Clones) they're GREAT guns. For the price they're astounding. The SF has a few changes (very minor and mostly cosmetic) to the SA but it's essentially the same gun minus the de-cocker as it appears you know. They're competitively accurate and one of my SA's (the other was my Dad's who passed recently, before he got to shoot it so it's sitting NIB until I decide if I'm gonna shoot it or not) has around ~3500 rounds through it with ZERO issues of any kind and the SF is coming up on the 2k mark with the same track record. None. They eat steel and anything else I feed them without fail or issue of any kind. Only real complaint is the Slide-stop/release paddle, while really good ergonomically when you're using it, can be hard to avoid while firing and I've had problems with lock-back on the last shot. That said the issues are 100% caused by the shooter and I simply cut the rear section down a bit on mine to remove the offending rear ~1/8"+ and now... VOILA, no more issues (you'll see a lot of mention of this online but again... 100% shooter caused because of the paddle location). The holster market is also coming around on the TP9SA/SF/V2 with Black RHino, Clinger, DeSantis and a lot more listing it in their options which is good.

Basically, my suggestion to anyone looking at one is BUY IT (then, if you don't have one go find a CZ P-07 V2 if you don't already have one)

Cheers

Blue

Nice tips Blue, thanks!

Hadn't had any slide stop issues with my SF.

...But I use a modified grip (kinda like a revolver grip), because I did have slide stop issues with my everyday carry (LC9S). So I just maintain the same modified grip with all handguns I use.

I like the SF so much I bought another in tan, plus an extra just to put up in the safe for "rainy days" that I hope won't be coming...

Since I have extra holsters, I'm thinking I might see how Krylon plastic rattle can paint does on one if I can find a similar Tan.

Nice tips Blue, thanks!

Hadn't had any slide stop issues with my SF.

...But I use a modified grip (kinda like a revolver grip), because I did have slide stop issues with my everyday carry (LC9S). So I just maintain the same modified grip with all handguns I use.

I like the SF so much I bought another in tan, plus an extra just to put up in the safe for "rainy days" that I hope won't be coming...

Since I have extra holsters, I'm thinking I might see how Krylon plastic rattle can paint does on one if I can find a similar Tan.
No worries man.

Yeah I have two Tan SA's (Dads and mine) and I really like the guns, esp. the SF. I like the tan but I also think I may re-finish my SA's slide in Black as I;ve seen a really cool one with the Tan frame/black slide and it stood out to me.

I use a REALLY high grip (really love that the Gen IV GLocks have the Beaver-tail back-straps cause I've done some damage to the back of my hand in a days shooting, esp. with my favorite 10mm variety) so Iv'e run into the slide-stop issue personally and I've also read a LOT of just plain comical haters who claim it's "because they're Turkish junk" etc... Always somebody like that bashing on these guns aye. Glad to hear you're not having the issue.

If you use the Holsters another tip I can give you is to go to a craft-store and get some adhesive felt sheets and cut some small strips to put into areas of the holster as it'll keep it more secure/less rattly and it also keeps the finish from getting rubbed raw as quickly. It's hard to take pictures of being that it's a Black holster and black felt, but I laid a piece where the bottom of the trigger guard slides into the holster and along the slid's right side. THe Holster's as secure as an of the Serpa's I have now if not a little more "flexible" but... it's a free holster, and it works...

Cheers

Blue.

I just ordered the v2. I wanted the da/sa since I've never shot da/sa before. I pick it up Saturday. I'll give you the full report. It's gotten great reviews.

I got to shoot mine for the first time this last weekend. everything went off with out a hitch and had a blast shooting it until my wife asked me if I got a new pistol? I pretty sure my face spoke volumes so I just smiled and said yep its our new home defense pistol. :eek::D

Ok, I'll admit it...I have 6, 4 In go bag's, and the 2 v2's are truck guns. Hey, at 300? Why not, thousand rounds through the first two went flawlessly.
Never sold one, I just keep them

I read a post (didn't catch the date stamp) in another forum by a responding police officer of someone getting shot in the leg from his Canik going off when it got dropped in a bathroom stall. The gun apparently got dropped on the rear end and striker received enough rearward momentum and sprang forward discharging the round. The spent shell wasn't ejected either, I assume because the rear of slide was forced closed as it struck the floor and fired.

Bottom line, do these things have a drop safety that blocks the striker unless the trigger is actually pulled? o_O

I read a post (didn't catch the date stamp) in another forum by a responding police officer of someone getting shot in the leg from his Canik going off when it got dropped in a bathroom stall. The gun apparently got dropped on the rear end and striker received enough rearward momentum and sprang forward discharging the round. The spent shell wasn't ejected either, I assume because the rear of slide was forced closed as it struck the floor and fired.

Bottom line, do these things have a drop safety that blocks the striker unless the trigger is actually pulled? o_O

That's actually a great question how do we find out?

Any way to find out which model that was? Sa? V2?