JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I am just looking to see if anybody has one of the 7 shot Taurus .357 magnum revolvers. Probably a model 66.
I just want to look at one and see how thick the web is on the cylinder. I have a 7 shot .38 special Taurus and I just wanted to compare the cylinders.
NO big deal, just curiosity. Trying to figure out why the only made the .38 special for one year.

Hi, I am just looking to see if anybody has one of the 7 shot Taurus .357 magnum revolvers. Probably a model 66.
I just want to look at one and see how thick the web is on the cylinder. I have a 7 shot .38 special Taurus and I just wanted to compare the cylinders.
NO big deal, just curiosity. Trying to figure out why the only made the .38 special for one year.

Have Had a few taurus revolvers, the last was a titanium 357 with the case hardened trigger & hammer, and the sleeved barrel with 12% crown.
Bought this from a local dealer, took it too the range with a friend and about the third set of 38+P went to reload and the open cylinder fell out in my hand! Took back to dealer and after it didn't speed through taurus warranty he let me use value against another purchase.. Two lessons. 1: buy from a good no hassle dealer like I did. 2: I've had a few Taurus and they always have some issue, Not smooth, trigger creep, finish, cylinder release latch sticks, etc... I've learned to look for the signs... the first being the word Taurus being engraved on a handgun! Since have found effort and time to get a little more together for a S&W or Ruger, can avoid most of previous mentioned problems. You get what you pay for. They're all german manufacture, and designed to go off road, but there is a difference between a VW thing and a Toureg, or a Porsche Cayenne. :s0114:
Regards,
Accrateone

Ouch, that experience would sour me on just about any gun. My experience with Taurus revolvers has been satisfactory so far.
I had a Taurus model 66 with a 6 inch barrel that was a tack driver and the trigger was evey bit as good as my Model 67 Smith and Wesson.
At this time, however, I still have the Smith and the Taurus is gone...
Now I have obtained a like new Taurus .38 special and I am just looking for a cylinder to cylinder comparison with a .357 Magnum gun as I have no experience with 7 cylinder revolvers.

I've had 5 Taurus revolvers and no issues with any period. In fact I like them because I like guns that function when dirty. A 686 S&W I had for years when it was the only medium sized revolver I had and it got shot a lot, was a pain cause the ejector star would get residue behind it and the cylinder wouldn't turn.

All 3 of the Taurus revolvers I bought back in the late 1980s were junk.. they repeatedly broke firing pins, and the M65 once shattered it's cylinder stop, locking the gun up. It took a smith some time to get it apart so we could unload it for shipment. Imagine that happening as you stand face to face with Homey the Banger and his Glock

I only had them as practice guns for my wife and her S & Ws. As the cost of repeated shipping began to climb I got smart and sold them

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top