JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what press or what else is included. Odds are it is fine but you may be able to do better for the money. For that money I'd want a Rockchucker, any other press I'd call that price too high. You can put together what you need yourself and probably come out of it better. Let me know and I will help you.

It's a good kit and I'm considering it for myself. Do they actually have one in stock? If not, try Midway USA or Cabela's. Also, I know of a gentleman in the Federal Way area that carries a bunch of reloading stuff and I can see what he charges for one, since, I too, am considering this kit. Send me your info and I'll track down some hard numbers for you by the weekend.

I started out with an RCBS Rock Chucker that my dad passed on to me once he got his Dillon XL650 ( https://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23803/catid/1/XL_650 ). I loved it when I used it, but I found myself running over to dads to use his.. LOL... I beleave it would be great for a beginer but if you are going to get serious about reloading. You might just want to save up for a Dillon.. Just being honest.

I started out with an RCBS Rock Chucker that my dad passed on to me once he got his Dillon XL650 ( https://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23803/catid/1/XL_650 ). I loved it when I used it, but I found myself running over to dads to use his.. LOL... I beleave it would be great for a beginer but if you are going to get serious about reloading. You might just want to save up for a Dillon.. Just being honest.

I was telling my dad about this kit a week ago or so and he went and bought it a yesterday.

How long did it take for your dad to decide to upgrade?

I bought this kit about 6 months ago, It's my first one so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I'm pretty happy with it, but you will need to also purchase a case length trimmer & a good set of calipers for checking length, it does not come with it. I also went with a electronic scale , I found the mechanical one it came with to be very inconsistent. Recently I have been seeing all the major press manfacturers with product back on the shelf. I was in Wholesale Sports just yesterday and saw several from Lyman, Hornady as well as RCBS.

Just checked the BiMart ad in the newspaper and this particular package is going on sale for $269 (saving $30). I have no experience with this package, but wanted to pass on this info if you're still looking at it.

I bought this kit and have been satisfied so far, but don't have anything to reference it against. In addition to the case trimmer previously mentioned, you will also need to buy your individual die sets and bullet seats. That last may seem obvious to many, but when i originally bought mine, I did not realize that I also needed the bullet seats! Extra trip to the store!
James

You can't go wrong with an RCBS Rockchucker. With the kit, you might want to consider up grading the scale, but the one in the kit works fine. Your next purchase should be a good case tumbler. Consider a Lyman Turbo Tumbler of some sort.

I got that kit from elsewhere recently and am very happy with it...like it was mentioned, you will need to get a case trimer, but I think the kit and I will have a long and happy relationship...until it finds out that I have been using a progressive on the side and hits me upside the head with a golf club!!!!

I bought this kit and have been satisfied so far, but don't have anything to reference it against. In addition to the case trimmer previously mentioned, you will also need to buy your individual die sets and bullet seats. That last may seem obvious to many, but when i originally bought mine, I did not realize that I also needed the bullet seats! Extra trip to the store!
James

I've been very happy with the Lee die sets. They are three die sets and include the bullet seating/crimping die. All of their pistol die sets have carbide sizing dies. They also sell a separate crimp die if you prefer to use 4 dies - you just back off the crimp combo and don't use it. The crimp dies are about $11 each I think.

I would like to get started learning to reload. Bi-Mart has an RCBS starter kit. I think it is priced at $299. It looks, to the uneducated eye, like a good place to start.

What is your opinion?

Thank you

I think this a great kit to get anyone started! Just add dies, powder, primers, brass and some bullets and you can be loading ammo.
The Rockchucker is a nice press (IMHO)
Plus I have had several occasions to use RCBS customer service and they are great!

PS: If you are still looking for one:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19912

shameless plug.....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR