JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:mad:
That's been a part of the Real ID act for quite a few years.
Don't recall that for my license renewal about 3 years ago....maybe for my CPL a couple years back but don't think so. I do still have an Indefinite Expiration Date ID from way back, maybe I'll try it. It's photo, it's legit, and it's gubbmint!
Gawd, carrying all this ID these days is like farging South Africa during apartheid.:mad:
Brutus out

Yes its all one big Charlie-Foxtrot, the DMV issues the license been using it a few decades here and that they verified my drivers lic and ID and birth cert before for my CDL, and asked again last year for the same all over. I was like WTF? You think I have been driving around with a fake one ? Well the cop that wrote me a ticket the year before thought it was valid. I also find it stupid and odd the CHL ID at renewal can not be used at renewal as an ID to get the renewed CHL. They want another ID HUH other then drivers license like my Birth certificate. UMMM you have seen it now how many times ? Now you wanna laugh went to get a library card never had one just used the wives they say bring two forms of ID I show up with Driver Lic and CHL, they say the CHL is not valid but they would accept a power bill ? " WTF " !!!!!
So the people at the library think its cool for me to use my ID to carry a loaded firearm around even in their building. But its not good enough to check out a book . ROFL.

:s0012::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037::s0037:

To be fair, they are sometimes competitive on price, especially if it is on sale, but most of their stuff is more expensive to pay for their ambience. I like to walk through there to see everything, but I only do it very infrequently now. A little bit goes a long ways with me in that store. I've only bought a few things there and the last time I did I got home to discover one of them - ammo - was a ripoff.

To be fair, they are sometimes competitive on price, especially if it is on sale, but most of their stuff is more expensive to pay for their ambience. I like to walk through there to see everything, but I only do it very infrequently now. A little bit goes a long ways with me in that store. I've only bought a few things there and the last time I did I got home to discover one of them - ammo - was a ripoff.
20% off berrys bullets usually gets me to drive up there

WTF? Is that to get one or renew as well?

Brutus Out

It's because of our brain dead governor signing "motor voter" legislation that automatically signs you up to register to vote when you get a drivers license. You actually have to "opt out" if you don't want to register to vote.

Starting Jan. 1, 2016 Oregon's new voter registration law, Oregon Motor Voter, will take effect.
This law was created by House Bill 2177, passed by the Legislature in the 2015 Session and signed into law by Governor Kate Brown.
This program will modernize voter registration in Oregon and provide a secure, simple and convenient way for more Oregonians to be registered voters.

What's new?
Under the old system, most Oregonians needed to take a separate step to register to vote at the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) after obtaining or renewing their driver license. This new law will make voter registration automatic, shifting from an opt-in process to an opt-out process. The new law eliminates the need to fill out the voter registration card

I think it's supposed to keep illegals from voting....ha ha ha ha ha.
My view is if you are too lazy to register to vote, you shouldn't be voting anyway.

They are just practicing CYA in that case.

Someone who is 61+, balding and has a grey beard is obviously old enough to buy anything in any store - but they are just protecting their minimum wage job and having BTDT I can appreciate their position as they are probably on the razor's edge of making a living.

I've been poor, I've worked dead end poorly paying jobs when I was young, trying to support a family - I know how hard it is. I always say "please" and "thank you" to people in those jobs because I know their life is hard enough without being an ***hole to them (like my ex-wife always is, but then she is that way to everybody - especially if she doesn't get what she wants).

If I don't get what I want or need, if one of them is an idiot, or can't do their job correctly, I just move on and get what I want somewhere else. Maybe their manager told them to always do something someway and they actually do know better, but their manager is an idiot. I don't know. It isn't worth wasting my time either trying to figure it out, educate them, or convince them otherwise. Move on - life is too short.
I don't get mad at people who follow stupid rules, I reserve my anger for the people who make them.

I've bought a few things there and got a good deal. I'm far from an impulse buyer though and wait for sales.

We'll, because I Wrongly Assumed I would have to show idea or at least for ammo at the Gun/Ammo counter at BiMart Saturday I waited patiently for 15 plus minutes hike a younger coule bought license to hunt me fish everything from spring bear, to fall tab to winter squirrel it seemed. Then the older lady said o me, oh just ammo? You can pay for that at the front counter,
But at least I bought my first good deal/ tax free ammo in Orygun....not sure hat state it will get shot in! ;)
Sigh.

Brutus out

went to buy myself a new handgun today and found out my drivers license has expired when they went to do the background check (why the dmv didn't send a notice I don't know)
I say uh oh, and then ask if I can just use my CHL as identification. They say no, drivers license only. Which makes no sense. All the information is the same, they are both government issued with photo.
I'll get the license taken care of next week but I just wanted to get this done today since I'm off work.
CHL is an acceptable form of ID as long as it has a picture and a current physical address. Those are requirements on all Oregon CHL's so, yes, they qualify.

I just bought a gun off Gun Broker. When I told the FFL I had a CCL he said great that background checks whiz right through when the applicant has a CCL and it comes up in the background check.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top