Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Does a website exist for...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by accessbob, Mar 17, 2012.

1. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Does anyone know if there is a website which lists "criminal safe zones" a.k.a. "no guns allowed businesses?"

I want to start one if one doesn't exist but am just currently in the investigative phase. I want to be able to list those who make it unsafe for their customers by posting "no guns" signs and/or having a no guns policy. It would be potentially helpful for those of us who wish to patronize businesses that don't restrict the law abiding public.

On one other forum I got a chance to see some cards which people hand out to the businesses to let them know that people are not happy with their decision and will be voting with their dollars by staying away and letting friends know that they should stay away.

Any thoughts on this?

2. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

I like this Idea. I would also like to see something along the likes of a decal a business owner could attach to their window or something which says they support CHL or what ever..

Also if you do decide to get something like this, I think user interaction would be a good thing. Like the ability for users to add places they have been to which restrict guns.

3. billstaf

billstaf Portland, Oregon Active Member

I have one for you. Toys-R-Us stores (at least the one at Jantzen Beach) have a big "No firearms" sign by the front door. Since I haven't been back since, I don't know if it is still there.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

There's a lot of sites that try to do this and most do a poor job. The biggest problem is sparse data. There's a lot of businesses to look at. The other is that most almost completely rely on user submitted data but appear to be lacking in users who submit anything.

There's a couple of lists here too: Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews

5. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

As drew pointed out, it's more difficult in practice than it sounds. Also, businesses' policies do change. I'd hate to see some business that had actually become firearms-friendly penalized because of an outdated posting.

6. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

LMAO! Like THAT'S ever going to happen!

7. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

I was serious. It happens all the time. Where I live, a cafe that had a no-fireamrs policy changed hands and the new owner immediately took down the sign. Also, my dentist's office, of all places, changed their policy after one of the partner's family was involved in violent robbery.

8. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

problem it changes daily and some people do not want to advertise the point

9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Thanks for the info. That is why I asked BEFORE I went to attempt it. It makes sense that it has to be user submitted data but you need to have users submit.

Modified my original post of this response because i failed to follow the link first. So, I think a big NEVERMIND is in order. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012