JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I create a website listing "criminal safe zones?"

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Does anyone know if there is a website which lists "criminal safe zones" a.k.a. "no guns allowed businesses?"

I want to start one if one doesn't exist but am just currently in the investigative phase. I want to be able to list those who make it unsafe for their customers by posting "no guns" signs and/or having a no guns policy. It would be potentially helpful for those of us who wish to patronize businesses that don't restrict the law abiding public.

On one other forum I got a chance to see some cards which people hand out to the businesses to let them know that people are not happy with their decision and will be voting with their dollars by staying away and letting friends know that they should stay away.

Any thoughts on this?

I like this Idea. I would also like to see something along the likes of a decal a business owner could attach to their window or something which says they support CHL or what ever..

Also if you do decide to get something like this, I think user interaction would be a good thing. Like the ability for users to add places they have been to which restrict guns.

I have one for you. Toys-R-Us stores (at least the one at Jantzen Beach) have a big "No firearms" sign by the front door. Since I haven't been back since, I don't know if it is still there.

There's a lot of sites that try to do this and most do a poor job. The biggest problem is sparse data. There's a lot of businesses to look at. The other is that most almost completely rely on user submitted data but appear to be lacking in users who submit anything.

There's a couple of lists here too: <broken link removed>

As drew pointed out, it's more difficult in practice than it sounds. Also, businesses' policies do change. I'd hate to see some business that had actually become firearms-friendly penalized because of an outdated posting.

There's a lot of sites that try to do this and most do a poor job. The biggest problem is sparse data. There's a lot of businesses to look at. The other is that most almost completely rely on user submitted data but appear to be lacking in users who submit anything.

There's a couple of lists here too: <broken link removed>
Thanks for the info. That is why I asked BEFORE I went to attempt it. It makes sense that it has to be user submitted data but you need to have users submit.

Modified my original post of this response because i failed to follow the link first. So, I think a big NEVERMIND is in order. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads