JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I dislike about FPS games , comes from a personal perspective , and therefore highly subjective...

But having shot at and shot people for real...FPS games , hold no interest for me whatsoever...nor do I think that they have anything to contribute to when one has to do that for real.
YMMV...
Andy

When my boys were early teens and started wanting to play FPS games, I introduced them to Paintball. Its a game too but the reset button requires a few welts, the reload option is mandatory and if your going to run and jump flat out the whole game your going to feel it eventually no matter what age you are. Yes, Paintball is not real-world tactics but not want to get into a gunfight with an experienced paintball player vrs someone who only played video games.

Alas, my boys ended up still also playing FPS games but they played the smoke out of Paintball for 4yrs solid. Oldest still plays magfed.

OP: Already well stated. Bullet trajectory and scoop set up for gravity. Go out far enough and you get earth's Coriolis effect.

I introduced them to Paintball. Its a game too but the reset button requires a few welts,

To be blunt...
Paintball ain't the same thing as when you have real bullets , and have them shot you...
Simply 'cause there ain't no "reset button" in combat.
You can quit or go home...
You are not far from home in a hostile land...
You can eat when and what you want...
You can sleep when you want...

So if one enjoys FPS games or paintball...I say enjoy...but please do not try to convince me that they somehow prepare one for a firefight.

Again to be blunt.....
Having been shot at and having shot back , with real bullets and having mine actually do what bullets do , when they hit people...
FPS games and paintball does not interest me at all.
Andy

To be blunt...
Paintball ain't the same thing as when you have real bullets , and have them shot you...
Simply 'cause there ain't no "reset button" in combat.
You can quit or go home...
You are not far from home in a hostile land...
You can eat when and what you want...
You can sleep when you want...

So if one enjoys FPS games or paintball...I say enjoy...but please do not try to convince me that they somehow prepare one for a firefight.

Again to be blunt.....
Having been shot at and having shot back , with real bullets and having mine actually do what bullets do , when they hit people...
FPS games and paintball does not interest me at all.
Andy
:s0101: Reality check.

I've noticed in this thread a common misconception that I at once also thought.

The misconception that the barrel is tilted up. Nope, it's not. It's only angled up to the extent that the rifleman is pointing the entire rifle up. If you have offset iron sights, you have to sight those in like any other sites or scope, but when canted appropriately there is nothing special about shooting the rifle canted. Gravity doesn't change.

main-qimg-7063a9e532843a244371b562bacb0211-c.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads