JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dodge, like Ford, Chevy, and IH used to make trucks....real honest to God man's trucks. This stopped about 1980 or so. Ever since then it's been a downhill deevolution towards a Cadillac or Mercedes with a pickup box attached. Marketed at women naturally....power of the pussy and all that. At this point in history I could care less about any of them, let alone which one was " best in it's class ". slowly, like a frog in a pot of warming water we have been mindbubblegumed into believing that it's perfectly acceptable to charge $50,000 for a pickup that will never go off pavement nor ever see a bale of hay. Just so long as the missus likes it and the kids can watch TV in the backseat.

Dodge, like Ford, Chevy, and IH used to make trucks....real honest to God man's trucks. This stopped about 1980 or so. Ever since then it's been a downhill deevolution towards a Cadillac or Mercedes with a pickup box attached. Marketed at women naturally....power of the pussy and all that. At this point in history I could care less about any of them, let alone which one was " best in it's class ". slowly, like a frog in a pot of warming water we have been mindbubblegumed into believing that it's perfectly acceptable to charge $50,000 for a pickup that will never go off pavement nor ever see a bale of hay. Just so long as the missus likes it and the kids can watch TV in the backseat.
plain

That's true...if you never get out of the city to see a difference. Go out to a farm nowadays and you'll still see a newer (couple years old) truck being used. Many farmers buy new trucks for tax reasons. All of my trucks get used and see dirt, mud, gravel and snow all the time.

Maybe you're speaking for yourself.

Every company still makes a plain jane work truck, if you wasn't that. Go to a fleet dealership.

and God made a farmer, i agree, but to put a dirty old dingy gas eater (dodge) in the commercial, that ruined it!
and here we go, the mentality of a child, someone attacking another for an opinion and it only took twelve responses to get there.

plain

That's true...if you never get out of the city to see a difference. Go out to a farm nowadays and you'll still see a newer (couple years old) truck being used. Many farmers buy new trucks for tax reasons. All of my trucks get used and see dirt, mud, gravel and snow all the time.

Maybe you're speaking for yourself.

Every company still makes a plain jane work truck, if you wasn't that. Go to a fleet dealership.

I've got my off pavement wings. Of course farmer, loggers, construction workers, etc use newer trucks...because that's all there is. You are correct about fleet sales carrying more trucks geared towards commercial application but most will never be used as trucks. What I see is a lot of leather interiors, TV's, DVD players, automatic and electronic everything, pretty paint jobs....basically everything a woman would want and everything that would break or quit working in short order. What I don't see are manual gearboxes or transfer cases, manual locking hubs, extra gas tanks, practical interiors, or anything you could ever fix by yourself anymore. I've owned a few newer trucks with push button transfer cases and auto locking hubs and they have a bad habit of not working when I really need them to work.

Certainly I can agree with buying anything to save on taxes.....:)

I've got my off pavement wings. Of course farmer, loggers, construction workers, etc use newer trucks...because that's all there is. You are correct about fleet sales carrying more trucks geared towards commercial application but most will never be used as trucks. What I see is a lot of leather interiors, TV's, DVD players, automatic and electronic everything, pretty paint jobs....basically everything a woman would want and everything that would break or quit working in short order. What I don't see are manual gearboxes or transfer cases, manual locking hubs, extra gas tanks, practical interiors, or anything you could ever fix by yourself anymore. I've owned a few newer trucks with push button transfer cases and auto locking hubs and they have a bad habit of not working when I really need them to work.

Certainly I can agree with buying anything to save on taxes.....:)

I will NEVER own a truck with a pushbutton transfercase, auto hubs or auto transmission. Garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top