JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can see you do not understand Federal law. If you sell a gun to a prohibited person you can do 5 years in club Fed

If you KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a PP. There is no requirement for you to check. Unless the government thinks they can prove that you knew or should have known the person was a PP it's a non-issue. I'm not aware of this coming back to bite people in any way to get particularly worried about.

I can see you do not understand Federal law. If you sell a gun to a prohibited person you can do 5 years in club Fed

Really? only if you know or have reason to suspect the buyer is a fellon or unable to purchase....err handgun to under age. Where do you get your information? The internet?
A ftf in state sale, is just that. You spew a lot of shinola without knowing much about liability.

You can CYA by asking if the purchaser is prohibited. For my personal piece of mind and because I do not particular trust my neighbor, I'll ask to see (but not record ) an ODL and for pistols, a CCW permit. I'll state that clearly in my ads, then if you feel I'm infringing on your rights, you have the liberty to buy elsewhere.

I can be the liberalist liberal

21dfprs.jpg

You can CYA by asking if the purchaser is prohibited. For my personal piece of mind and because I do not particular trust my neighbor, I'll ask to see (but not record ) an ODL and for pistols, a CCW permit. I'll state that clearly in my ads, then if you feel I'm infringing on your rights, you have the liberty to buy elsewhere.

Then you also have no complaint when a LEO siezes your weapon for no reason so he can run the numbers to make sure it is not stolen or you are not a prohibited person, or that the gun is stolen...sorry, you can "protest" the LEOs action in court...but it is no different than your own lack of trust in your fellow man.

No matter how much you protest that the above by the LEO is illegal, what goes around, comes around. It is no different that not believing someone that wishes to purchase a weapon you have for sale as a Face to Face transaction. I'll bet you would be on of the first to bawl if a LEO siezed your weapons...Eh?

Then you also have no complaint when a LEO siezes your weapon for no reason so he can run the numbers to make sure it is not stolen or you are not a prohibited person, or that the gun is stolen...sorry, you can "protest" the LEOs action in court...but it is no different than your own lack of trust in your fellow man.

No matter how much you protest that the above by the LEO is illegal, what goes around, comes around. It is no different that not believing someone that wishes to purchase a weapon you have for sale as a Face to Face transaction. I'll bet you would be on of the first to bawl if a LEO siezed your weapons...Eh?

what is this karmic "comes around" bollocks you're jibbering about ?

You leave your keys in your car and your front door open then ?

Nah, didn't think you trusted your fellow man that much either.....

You have a weapon for self defense ? I guess it's only for use against dogs, bears, angry goats and not people then....

Because only good guys have cash and can read the internets ....

Last Edited:
what is this karmic "comes around" bollocks you're jibbering about ?

You leave your keys in your car and your front door open then ?

Nah, didn't think you trusted your fellow man that much either.....

You have a weapon for self defense ? I guess it's only for use against dogs, bears, angry goats and not people then....

Because only good guys have cash and can read the internets ....

Actually, yes I do leave my front door open (or at least unlocked)...I do not carry keys with me unless I am going to town. The keys are on the key rack, just inside the door. The house is unlocked, day and night, and normally even if we go to town. If we are gone for a couple weeks, yes, then I will lock up the house and garage, I have a couple very expensive "toys" that I would miss dearly that are kept in the garage, and the keys to them are in the house.

Leave the car unlocked...if I am not on the wet side, yes, it would very likely be unlocked in town...the Bronco would definately be unlocked, and the locks don't work on the old pickup.

If you don't require anything, you don't assume any moral responsibility.

Totally bassakwards, if you don't do some checking then you assume ALL moral responsibility!!

You have now way of knowing if you're selling to a criminal with a long record that prohibits them from buying through an FFL. As the seller it's up to you to determine if the buyer is ligitimate or not.
Best way to determine that is to require a CPL and matching license.

I've never understood the concealed permit requirement. I have several pistols and use them on occasion. I don't defense carry so I see no need to go get a permit. I guess I just see gun ownership and use as a different issue than concealed carry.

Totally bassakwards, if you don't do some checking then you assume ALL moral responsibility!!

You have now way of knowing if you're selling to a criminal with a long record that prohibits them from buying through an FFL. As the seller it's up to you to determine if the buyer is ligitimate or not.
Best way to determine that is to require a CPL and matching license.

You can require the purchaser to produce anything, or even dance a jig if you what...but what is required is that that you have no reason to believe the person is a prohibited person, and that they are a resident of of WA. A simple verbal statement is sufficient for the law. How you do it, is up to you. Personally, I would not purchase from you...you have bought into all the anti's argument hook line and sinker.

I have a WA DL, I have a WA CPL, but I'll be d@&% if I'm going to produce them in a FTF...for an FFL, I do not have a problem because of their license requirements...you, as a private seller have no such restrictions.

I have purchased, from a dealer, when 16 years old (well before 1968), and you know what...there were less problems back then. There was no background check, no prohibited persons, if you were visiting OR, ID, or even Califorinia back then, they did not care where you came from, and never asked...you purchased what you needed and walked out...maybe even the local hardware store...you could purchase ammo in most small grocery stores. The GCA68 did nothing but make gun owners a bunch of paranoid idoits.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top