JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok.
Do they ask a person if there a homosexual? No, that's a personal question that's outlawed to ask. But being gay can have a huge effect on kids. So why not ask?

Ps. Doc shave your unibrow.... Jackknife

Oh contraire I was seeing my new Dr today and they did ask about having unprotected sex with same or bi or hetero partners on the questionnaire. Also guns, the nurse was taking my BP while I looked it over & I told her "Seriously, since when did these become relevant questions to my personal health care?"
Oh & my BP was up 10 from 110/70 to 120/70.........o_O

What has this world come to???:eek:

Last Edited:
I agree, Im a terrible patient as well. But I also see a lot of people at the end of their life and have no desire to go through all the stuff I do to patients. I need to figure out how to wire up a nursing home proximity mine to my head so that it explodes if anyone gets me close to a nursing home. I dont know why everyone wants to try to live as long as possible. The end is rarely the best part and involves a lot of pooping on yourself in a nursing home.

you need one of those exploding collars like they had in some movie where anyone who went out of bounds at the prison would set off their collar and the head would blow off... Just hope the frequency for the automated detonator doesn't match the TV remote or cell phone, etc...

As for the end of life trying to live forever bit - yeah saw 2 grandparents go through that in the last few years and it wasn't pretty. If you told most people "you can have another 2.5 years alive but you will be wearing diapers, be fed by others, will lose your short term memory, won't enjoy much of anything, and will burn through $3k-12k a month in care facility expenses most people would throw in the towel and skip all of the heroic measures BS when it came to dying. In the end I think that last ditch effort to stay alive as long as possible is driven by the fear of death rather than a real desire to go on living.

you need one of those exploding collars like they had in some movie where anyone who went out of bounds at the prison would set off their collar and the head would blow off... Just hope the frequency for the automated detonator doesn't match the TV remote or cell phone, etc...

As for the end of life trying to live forever bit - yeah saw 2 grandparents go through that in the last few years and it wasn't pretty. If you told most people "you can have another 2.5 years alive but you will be wearing diapers, be fed by others, will lose your short term memory, won't enjoy much of anything, and will burn through $3k-12k a month in care facility expenses most people would throw in the towel and skip all of the heroic measures BS when it came to dying. In the end I think that last ditch effort to stay alive as long as possible is driven by the fear of death rather than a real desire to go on living.

I see your point. Been there, done that. Sucks.
I will say though, maybe it's not what the patient gies through, as much as the care givers go through. I've seen hearts softened when they have to serve another person in these circumstances. Sometimes I think there's reasons for it. Reasons for everything...

I don't have kids and have never had a doctor ask me about this.
I would be very clear with them about how it's none of their business and that I would be going with a new doctor. I would make sure they understand why.

Dyj - I bet she will drag you kicking and screaming to see a doc over something you don't think is important, nag you if you don't do what the doc says, etc. But if it's her she will ignore doc's orders and tell you "it's fine" after knocking her self out from slipping on ice... oh - and will diagnose the worst case scenario for you and the kid(s) even if it's some disease that only is common in central Laos (or insert any country here).

How do I know this? yup - wife is an RN. Medical field people are the most non-compliant patients of all but are the first to nag anyone else for daring to ignore medical advice...

The kiddo's doc's office questionnaire did ask about firearms in the house - wife had agreed that N/A was the right answer - after all it doesn't apply to any diagnosis for the kid's health...

On the bright side the new doc is good - he's a motorcycle nut and has multiple carry permits on top of being a sharp doc... That's one of the advantages of having family working in the medical field - they know or can quickly find out which docs are preferred and which ones you should avoid...

That's hitting the nail on the head, K! Married to an RN for forty four yrs. She's as non-compliant as they come, and a serious medical nag-hag!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

It's also darn annoying to be standing in an alder thicket, BS'ing a couple of buddies at lunch time, hearing bees somewhere. So you all start checking out the lower limbs around you; then one friend taps you on the shoulder, points down. There is the heel of your work boot in an underground hive of Yellow-jackets. Made for an interesting time. :eek:
Back when we were surveying to build I-205 I was third in line going down a trail, heard a buzzing and started looking around. Seems the two in front of me had walked on a nest and upset them. Another time we were in the crew rig and found a nest in a small tree, driver decided to drive over the nest. Worked fine except when he turned off the engine we found that the tree had ripped a wire off the starter so the truck wouldn't restart and the bees were around and it was HOT with the windows closed!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top