JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody use Gun Skins or Vinyl Gun Wraps? I don't have much experience in this. I was shopping on Amazon. There are a lot of cool designs and colors but find the prices to be very spendy just for some vinyl for cosmetics and decorating. I'm just looking for a solid color.

I then compare prices to Automotive Vinyl Wraps, they are much cheaper and get much more for your money. And they have the color I want. For 10 to 20.00 for 1' X 5' is enough to do a rifle and a pistol. Very limited as colors and design are for cars. The question is: Are they the same material? Gun Skins uses automotive-grade vinyl, so I'm thinking they're the same. Any insight is appreciated.

Wrapped my Weatherby SA-08 with Gun Skins back in 2017…. Pretty durable!

3EC13660-67B5-4309-8D32-A113C9909D03.jpeg

Does anybody use Gun Skins or Vinyl Gun Wraps? I don't have much experience in this. I was shopping on Amazon. There are a lot of cool designs and colors but find the prices to be very spendy just for some vinyl for cosmetics and decorating. I'm just looking for a solid color.

I then compare prices to Automotive Vinyl Wraps, they are much cheaper and get much more for your money. And they have the color I want. For 10 to 20.00 for 1' X 5' is enough to do a rifle and a pistol. Very limited as colors and design are for cars. The question is: Are they the same material? Gun Skins uses automotive-grade vinyl, so I'm thinking they're the same. Any insight is appreciated.
Zero interest in doing such a thing. If camo is needed for a shotgun or hunting rifle then that's different.

I've used about 6 Gun skins on AR mags and 1 on a lower. Haven't gone Full Skin….
They are hanging on couple years later and look good.

I suppose it would be like changing clothes on your firearm. Or like those stick-on tattoos when you were a kid. At least it's temporary.

Got a roll of realtree cloth camo tape at a garage sale. Never put it on my guns, and decided to use it on my scanner at work so I knew which one was mine when they all are plugged into the charger when not being used.
Looked nice at first, but eventually became a gummy mess full of lint, hair and assorted filth.
I'd imagine putting these decals on a gun, carried & used often, with solvent and oil residue on it, would fare much worse.

Guns aren't 4 cylinder fart cars :D

Nah, I just end up spending money on new things vs putting makeup on my toys - although I've seen some really cool things done that made me wish I would do it to at least one gun.

Having said that I do like the looks of traditional wood and blueing…

Guns aren't 4 cylinder fart cars :D
Exactly. I see those things running around by teenagers all the time. All one can do is shake your head at them.

EE03B4CC-D19E-4367-90C5-7AC58A189C53.jpeg
I used to have a car that spoiler extended/retracted based on speed. But it came like that from the factory. Still have some cars with factory spoilers but they were the fastest production cars of their day (ages ago). They were there for added downforce in the twistys, not show.

Last Edited:

Have tried it once for kicks and giggles on a ar pistol. Took FOREVER to get in on right. While it looked OKish, I would have rather gone with a rattle can …

F58384CF-697F-42BA-A9B2-400DCC354B61.jpeg 8B776306-30A0-4868-819D-1EC416D6BFA3.jpeg 39573AE3-ED4D-45C9-A08F-D0EBEFB0942E.jpeg

I make and use these. They are 500D Cordura. I have them for a number of magpul stocks, as well as a few others. Etsy just nuked my listings but they will be back up next week, with more vague working and no guns in the pics.

View attachment 1385608 View attachment 1385609 View attachment 1385610 View attachment 1385611 View attachment 1385612 View attachment 1385613 View attachment 1385614
Share your Etsy info when you get a chance so folks can pop in and check your store out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top