JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use a suppressor whilst hunting?

• Yes, I do!

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • No, but I would like to.

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No and no thanks to the idea.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Um, wut (burp) is eh (bromp!) a suppressor? o.0

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
What's the point? o_OThe animals aren't going to hear the shot that kills them...... ;)Unless yer not a great shot & miss a few times.....:p
tinnitus is one point...another is why not? If I can go shooting or hunting and save mine or others ears without checking everyone for hearing protection, I'm going to. I like my electronic muffs but they are cumbersome and the in-ear style are way overpriced from what I have found. At this point I look at a suppressor as just another good accessory like a scope or sling. If they ever pass that law I will have more so I don't have to switch between guns.

tinnitus is one point...another is why not? If I can go shooting or hunting and save mine or others ears without checking everyone for hearing protection, I'm going to. I like my electronic muffs but they are cumbersome and the in-ear style are way overpriced from what I have found. At this point I look at a suppressor as just another good accessory like a scope or sling. If they ever pass that law I will have more so I don't have to switch between guns.

That's your choice and I accept that but I will not submit to paying the GOV to be registered just to exercise my rights. Sorry (nope) just me.

Agreed on one more government overreach. Unfortunately in this day and age privacy and such is long gone so I figure there are a few things I am willing to 'be on the radar' for.

It never seems to work out for me. I've hunted with them, only success has been on ground squirrels though. I really hate taking such an expensive and controlled item into the pouring down rain, which it usually is during deer season. :(

I hunt with a mossberg 308 tactical MVP and SIG 762Ti. Does everything I want and you should see the eyes of the other hunters when I pull that thing out.

Hunting with a suppressor should be standard and used daily as they are obligatory in England. The quiet would be great and not frightening the game is always a plus.

If we ever get the HPA passed and suppressors become non-NFA, then I expect that they will become a lot more popular and maybe even mandatory in some areas for any shooting sport. I could see them being popular at gun ranges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top