JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you typically carry a round in the chamber? (aka "One in the pipe?")

• Yes.

Votes: 180 79.6%
  • No.

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Neither. I don't typically carry a gun.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • None of your business, but I'd feel left out if I didn't vote.

Votes: 18 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John Browning originally designed and submitted the 1911 with no safety ...other than the "grip safety".
It was the Army that requested the thumb safety.

Again for me and how I carry my Colt series '70 ...my way , chamber loaded ...safety on or off as the situation demands...has worked for me for years....
What works for someone else is all good ...for them.
Andy
Well Glock 19 X was sent to the army as well they said they need a safety on the side .they did that but sig got the contract.and then Glock 19 X was released to the public without the side safety.i got one YOU SHOT IT @@AndyinEverson I like it but I need to shoot it more because it is a good gun .l like the full size grip with the Glock 19 top

MVIMG_20180710_100352.jpg

Absolutely a round in the chamber because, in the case of an immediate threat you are not going to have time to rack the slide!
Due to several reasons: In a situation a split second decision of human flight or fight is made. Then the Adrenalin Rush and the loss of Fine Motor Skills that normally one would have absolutely not problems with. And the fact you will do how you train which includes drawing the weapon. With having to draw the weapon then rack the slide, obtain weapon control, get on target and fire. Certainly if one could always anticipate the threat prior, the slide could be racked. But then there is the sound of the slide being racked which any scum bag would recognize. Making complete recognition of your location and intensions. Simply takes too much time to complete the steps of racking the weapon not having a round in the chamber already. IMO With this said there are some weapons that are not drop safe. The 70 Series Colt 1911 pistols comes to mind. That is one reason the Series 80 Colt 1911 pistols were designed.
So, I guess it is a personal choice not to carry a live round in the chamber. But for me there will always be a round in the chamber of a Pistol or the Cylinder of a Revolver.
The Trigger Finger is the best Safety God has provided us and a weapon with!;)

:s0101:
Yes to the ONE in the pipe.

IMO The key to safe concealed carry is to have a safe holster that also has the Trigger Covered. Just sticking it in your waistband or belt or pocket without a safe holster is not a good idea. Today they have all kinds of in the pants pocket holsters, in the belt holsters and others that are designed to prevent freak things can happen when taking them out of any location concealed or not. And other objects having contact with the weapon is bad mojo! Items snagging on the Trigger and so forth. I also carried a Colt Gold Cup 1911 Series 70 on duty for a while on the Sheriffs Department.
But I had a custom Brown Basket Weave Holster, Belt, Ammo Pouch and Cuff Case. But when I carried the Model 70 I carried it cocked and locked and the Holsters Snap Strap was between the Hammer and the Firing Pin in the Holster to retain the weapon. Most all guns are safe it is the operator that is not! Common sense is a good thing! And keeping the finger and "all other fingers" out of the Trigger Guard as always, until ready to shoot!

How's this for keepin it civil:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well carry a rock... or a bucket of rocks, or some good insults, or a "Stop" sign, or maybe yo momma can say to hold on a sec he ain't quite ready yet.

Isn't there a law against that?

But it's a good point that every(?) negligent discharge has one thing in common; There was one in the chamber.

Was when my ex got preggers too... I don't care.

Seriously?? :s0054:

^^^This

I keep one in the pipe, but I'm shooting blanks.

FAST Eddie!!!

As opposed to a loaded Marilyn Chambers

Back in the day, I'da let her do me any way she wanted! Ticklin her Ivories ya know!! From behind, the green door.

Last Edited:
How's this for keepin it civil:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well carry a rock... or a bucket of rocks, or some good insults, or a "Stop" sign, or maybe yo momma can say to hold on a sec he ain't quite ready yet.
Don't forget, if yer in Cali you can only have 10 rocks and a 1 gallon bucket max.
Rocks can't be over golf ball size.
If rocks are thrown Girlie style, they can be up to baseball size.

:)

Don't forget, if yer in Cali you can only have 10 rocks and a 1 gallon bucket max.
Rocks can't be over golf ball size.
If rocks are thrown Girlie style, they can be up to baseball size.

:)
That's not all, they can't contain iron or aluminum. After all, they will be used to make guns.

You also can't carry them in public without waiting a year for the rock carrying license, and they can't be used in self defense.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top