JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Stay or Go???

• Shelter in Place

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Leave - Bug out!

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Already left, bailed at the first sign of danger

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
What about a massive earthquake during a raging blizzard?

In that case wait for your house to crumble and fall then use the ruble to start a fire and keep warm. lol.

But Id stay. If the government gave me 15 minutes to evac. Id tell them to go help someone else who can use help. I would try to protect my place the best I can under the situation i.e board up windows. remove mirrors and glass from walls nail cupboards shut. Stuff like that. Then pack up the sentimental items I can not buy. Like the stuff I got from fallen friends and family members. But that is the most extreme conditions. I keep MRE's and bottle water in my closet at all times. along with flash lights, strike anywhere matches, sleeping bags, batteries and a first aid kit. If it was voluntary I'd check the local police or fire department to see what they recommend and talk to my neighbors. So it depends but I would feel safer at my house seeing I have supplies for a few days after if there was no power or water. Plus I got a good truck if I had to bail after the fact.

I voted I would bug out....with a caveat, if it seemed like utter BS I would stay. For example where I live now if someone came and said I was in danger due to flooding I know they would be full of crap since I live on a big hill. The people down in the valley below me on the other hand would be hosed. They come to tell me there is danger of a mudslide and I would take it to heart though.

What drives me nuts though is watching the news and seeing crap like people whose house was taken out in floods 3 times in the last 5 years and they still keep rebuilding in the same spot. Or people who stay in the path of a hurricane when they have been given ample warning then need to be rescued off their roof by helicopter or boat. Personally I think that the people giving evacuation warnings should also be given liability waivers that must be signed by the people who refuse to evacuate. That way if someone wants to stay and then has to be pulled out by helicopter they should be responsible to pay for that rescue. How much tax money do you think is wasted rescuing people from natural disasters who should have evacuated? I am guessing it's not a small number.

You might remember Fukashima?
Radioactive rain
Radioactive milk
Radioactive fish
Radioactive hay
Radioactive groundwater
The Govts response
Increase the allowable limits of radiation
Shut down public acess to publicly owned radiation monitors
End all goverment acknowladgement of the Fukashima event even when plutonium has been discovered 45 KM away from the reactors and the Toykyo Govt is relocating far far away?
Do you think that fallout stopped?
And then there was Katrina.
Trust the Feds?
Is this a joke?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show