JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep in mind, crimson trace, viridian, and any other laser company that charges a hundred plus dollars for their product abuse the hell out of them in testing. That stated, your laser will hold up, or it will be replaced.

Other thoughts:

As for battery life, amazon has deals on batteries all the time for lasers.

I've put 1000 rounds through my sidearm since I've attached my laser, and have had no issues with calibration.

I leave my laser on because it's how I carry it when I'm not at the range. As stated earlier, practice with your firearm as you would when you need to draw it.

I put anywhere between 50 to 100 rounds down range when I'm there. One mag will have the laser on, the next i'll turn it off, and the third I will turn it on and off while shooting. Lasers are great indicator, but should still train yourself to rely on your iron sights because in the end, a laser is an electronic, and crap happens.

I only have a XDS 9 with a CT Green laser, I do not take it out often, but the laser might as well be welded on as far as I am concerned. I enjoy shooting it, but it is not a EDC gun for me.. The wife likes it handy (As well as her AR, AR pistol, G-17, and XD 9 4" oh and her G-42 squirreled away somewhere) She is not carrying though, just stashing loaded guns everywhere.

Thanks everyone for all your answers. Since Crimson Trace is nearby me, I actually took my laser/light there for a service recently. And while I was there, I actually asked them this question.

The nice lady there confidently answered me that I should feel comfortable leaving the light/laser on during range shooting. She said by the time for product is out in the stores, it has already gone through tens of thousands of test fire rounds of recoil. And so the light/laser will not suffer any greater damage by additional recoil.

And so there's our answer. This is what the majority of you recommended and so it's a credit to the knowledge and experience of the people on this forum. This is particularly valuable for a beginner like me. Thanks again.

I always leave my Crimson trace rail master on my m&p during range days like you said pita to take off and put back on. Never really worried about it since its Crimson trace quality and after quite a few hundred rounds it still holds zero and works perfectly

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top