JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you support the prohibition on loaded firearms inside of gun shows? Why?

• Total voters
Reactions
People talk about this subject from time to time but I was unable to find a poll regarding the topic. My question is....

Do you support the prohibition on loaded firearms inside an organized gun show and why or why not?

I personally have no problem with loaded firearms not being allowed inside. In an environment where people are showing their guns and removing them to test holster fit it is just a good idea to make sure all the guns are unloaded. The main reason I am okay with this particular safety measure in this environment is because of the extreme amount of security that is provided to you while you are unarmed. LEO's and security officers abound.

I am glad that they are empty as I see too many "Gung Ho" Rambo's trying out their quickdraw or even just pointing them at something, sometimes people. I feel a little more comfortable knowing they are not loaded.

yes.

there are way too many FIs walking around w/o loaded guns. i shudder to think what it would be like to have them w/loaded guns.

also, there are so many people handling guns w/bad habbits.

even then the RCGS has had a couple ADs since ive been gong.

Is this a loaded concealed carry or a guy walking into the show to trade a loaded weapon? I would not bring in a loaded gun to trade, but I would bring my personal carry gun.

I see way too many people violating the cardinal safety rules I learned growing up (all guns are always loaded, never point your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy, keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target, beware of your target and what is beyond, etc.) with unloaded weapons. I am constantly getting muzzle swept by less conscientious attendees. Frequently when I see people show off how fast they can draw, I see their finger on the trigger as they un-holster and point their gun toward the crowd.

Loaded guns are just an accident waiting to happen. One negligent discharge and we are all going to have trouble finding a place that will host a gun show. I know someone will probably try to assert that they have a legal right to carry and that telling them that they can't is some sort of infringement on their god given rights.... But, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you can't exercise discretion as to when you want exercise that right. This is just a basic safety measure that I hope everyone complies with (the security check at the Portland show seems to be done on the honor system).

I don't know. Just for me there's a difference between guns on display for sale or trade, and my ccw. My ccw would never come out, not be seen, and would endanger no one.

What do I do with it as I leave my car to enter the show? I'm not real crazy about any of the options.

I'm in the minority. I voted no, but I agree that all guns for sale or trade should be unloaded.

I understand some of the people feeling OK about the ccw being loaded but the one person that comes in and decides he wants to trade his ccw is now pulling out a loaded weapon. I agree with all weapons being unloaded. Too crowded and too many people being unsafe with the weapons.

I am also fine with concealed carry being loaded, all others should be unloaded and concealed should stay concealed.

If you tell a anti gun person that we all don't trust each other when we are together in one place, then they have a valid argument against you having a gun anywhere they happen to be. Why should they trust us if we don't trust ourselves?

Yeah, I guess ccw is OK except in crowds.

pix1577189828.jpg

Don't mean to hijack (no pun intended) this thread, but that's a curious cartoon.

If people were permitted to carry firearms on a plane, why would hijackers show up armed only with boxcutters?

I shudder to consider the results of an amateur shootout between nutty terrorists and nutty civilians on a very crowded pressurized airplane.

a gun show is like a car lot, anybody can come and look around, sit in the care look under the hood, kick the tires. you don't just give the keys to the prospect, and say take it for a spin, without verifying I.D. operation capability.

same as at a gun show, who is holding the gun,,, has he/ she ever held a gun before,

what is the purpose of a loded gun at a show, a loaded gun is in preperation of shooting gun, if your not planing on shooting now, or soon no need to have it loaded, at a show.

i would not go to a show if i thought there where loded guns on the tables.

a gun show is like a car lot, anybody can come and look around, sit in the care look under the hood, kick the tires. you don't just give the keys to the prospect, and say take it for a spin, without verifying I.D. operation capability.

same as at a gun show, who is holding the gun,,, has he/ she ever held a gun before,

what is the purpose of a loded gun at a show, a loaded gun is in preperation of shooting gun, if your not planing on shooting now, or soon no need to have it loaded, at a show.

i would not go to a show if i thought there where loded guns on the tables.

The reason I have a loaded gun at the gunshow is that I do not want to leave it in the car. I have asked 3 cops if the Gun Shows can enforce that sign if they are on public property. Non of them can tell me. Albany is at the fairgrounds and that is public property. A CCW is fine there.

The reason I have a loaded gun at the gunshow is that I do not want to leave it in the car. I have asked 3 cops if the Gun Shows can enforce that sign if they are on public property. Non of them can tell me. Albany is at the fairgrounds and that is public property. A CCW is fine there.

If you don't tell them you are carrying they won't enforce the rule on you.

If you don't tell them you are carrying they won't enforce the rule on you.
Concealed carry is called "concealed" carry for a reason. :)

But to answer the before mentioned question...yes, they can enforce the no carry policy. It would most likely just constitute expulsion from the event but could include criminal trespass if you make a fuss when asked to leave.

This may sound like a foolish question, but what is the right way to pick up a gun at a gun show? Every time I touch one it is pointed at someone or somebody and I'm not sure were to aim it safely or how to get it aimed with out lasering someone. The way I was trained it is a bit uncomfortable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top