JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we don't have a state sales tax why would that mean we'd pay any tax - I thought this applied to states that had sales taxes. At any rate, if it is the choice between a mom and pop business being somewhat competitive with mega on-line stores I'd go for it. Many small town businesses have closed or are struggling due to the Internet's advantage of bulk purchases and no sales tax.

Small town businesses are closing because they are adapting to the changing world. They are never going to be able to compete with larger stores on price so they have to bring something else to the table. If you think this is going to stop small businesses that don't change from going out of business you're going to be surprised. Amazon lobbied for this bill and want to see it passed. Why you might ask. Because sales tax exemption isn't an advantage anymore. The next horizon is going to be same day and next day delivery. In order to do that you're going to have to warehouses in each state which you guessed it, requires the company to collect sales tax since they have physical presence in the state. Since they are going to have to pay anyway why don't they handicap the smaller online retailers with the tax disadvantage.

In the end this is going to more money for politicians to piss down the drown the drain, small brick-and-mortar businesses are going to continue to have to adapt to survive, and small online retailers are going to suffer. So in a word....NO.

Small town businesses are closing because they are adapting to the changing world. They are never going to be able to compete with larger stores on price so they have to bring something else to the table. If you think this is going to stop small businesses that don't change from going out of business you're going to be surprised. Amazon lobbied for this bill and want to see it passed. Why you might ask. Because sales tax exemption isn't an advantage anymore. The next horizon is going to be same day and next day delivery. In order to do that you're going to have to warehouses in each state which you guessed it, requires the company to collect sales tax since they have physical presence in the state. Since they are going to have to pay anyway why don't they handicap the smaller online retailers with the tax disadvantage.

In the end this is going to more money for politicians to piss down the drown the drain, small brick-and-mortar businesses are going to continue to have to adapt to survive, and small online retailers are going to suffer. So in a word....NO.

Correct. Out of the big online shopping places, only Ebay asked for an amendment to exempt retailers with less than $10mil in sales. Their voice was not strong enough against the likes of Amazon and Walmart.

I don't support an internet tax. If it's passed I'll no longer be able to make purchases for work. I work in Oregon but the sales tax will be based in the purchasers state of residency, which mine is Washington.

Yes, I support it... that is, if EVERY brick and mortar store in the country requires EVERY customer to show their state issued I.D. for EVERY TRANSACTION and charges/submits the applicable sales tax (if any) for the issuing state of the I.D.. That way tourists visiting other states can't escape their home-state's sales tax.

That would be a truly "fair and equitable" level playing field for all merchants.

The whole thing is B.S. We know it, they know it, they know we know it, and we know they know we know it.

In Oregon the sales tax is the one pocket the politicians don't have their hands in and they can't stand it.

In WA it's an income tax they seek.. not happening because all tax increases must go to a vote of We the People. At least there are ways to avoid many sales taxes, income tax and property tax is worse

Since about 90%(more, but I'm being nice) of taxes are all illegal anyway, why the hell would I be OK with more of my money being used to disarm or trample me? If we were infringed upon by an individual with illegal taxes and fee's, we would put them in prison. Why do we discuss politicians doing it as some unavoidable situation?

I am done with illegal taxes. How much more money do you want sent to Pakistan and Syria? I hope that any American that dies in the Middle East is killed with a rifle supplied to Iran by the good ol' USA in 1979(I hope that no American's die, but since they will, I hope the sham is unveiled in the process).

I wonder how flush with cash we'd be if we only spent US tax dollars on The US?

I think we should just get rid of all taxes here in Wa. But that wont happen. And because it wont happen I'm not too against taxes on guns purchased online. It does make it a little bit easier for shops to compete with online sales. However sales tax on used guns that are transfered in from private transactions sure do burn my butt. Just like used cars...

I try to save a few bucks, protect mother earth, reduce ny carbon footprint and use my 1440 minutes a day effectivily and a new tax is going to stop all the good I am doing.

Nope...I'm a blonde haired (well...turned sandy brown, greying and balding), blue eyed, white, Christian, heterosexual, pro life, Independent, Constitution believing male. It just seems in these latter days the cards are somewhat stacked against me. :cool: I'll do my best though. :s0018:

I'm dark haired green eyed but I'll be there. We are going to win this one, read Psalms 2 and google George Washington's Vision

Never vote yes for any taxes.

What about an idiot tax? One that only affected political leaders. If the voted yes on a bill that they didnt read they have to pay a large percentage of their government paycheck income into a fund that went for teaching children 1. To read and 2. To make decisions on information presented to them

I would vote for that tax. As long as the bill wasnt filled with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about something unrelated

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top